Setting speed for backing up movies using DVDFab

vbimport

I can’t seem to find the place in DVDFab 5 for setting recording speed before or after selecting the source and destination drives. I tried playing some previously-recorded copies of DVDs that I had made using the trial version of DVDFab 5 & DVD Cloner VI. The copies still play OK in my Sony player, but won’t play at all in my Samsung VCR/DVD player/recorder. What’s strange is that, previously, some of those that now will not play on the Samsung (get message “Do you want to initialize disc?”) played on it before!:confused: Now, nothing that I record using either copy software will play on the Samsung player/recorder. I’m using the Memorex 16x 4.7G blank DVDs (what I’ve always used) until I receive the TYs ordered late last week. I had very few problems with the Memorex before - freezing here & there, but no major problems like this. At least the copies were able to be played. Now it’s as if I’m putting blank discs into the players, especially the Samsung!!:confused: Also, are there instructions for ImgBurn?:doh:

[QUOTE=Darlinka;2189527][B]I can’t seem to find the place in DVDFab 5 for setting recording speed before or after selecting the source and destination drives. I tried playing some previously-recorded copies of DVDs that I had made using the trial version of DVDFab 5 & DVD Cloner VI. The copies still play OK in my Sony player, but won’t play at all in my Samsung VCR/DVD player/recorder. What’s strange is that, previously, some of those that now will not play on the Samsung (get message “Do you want to initialize disc?”) played on it before!:confused: Now, nothing that I record using either copy software will play on the Samsung player/recorder. I’m using the Memorex 16x 4.7G blank DVDs (what I’ve always used) until I receive the TYs ordered late last week. I had very few problems with the Memorex before - freezing here & there, but no major problems like this. At least the copies were able to be played. Now it’s as if I’m putting blank discs into the players, especially the Samsung!!:confused: Also, are there instructions for ImgBurn?:doh:[/B][/QUOTE]

Welcome to the world of :Z media.

[B]Part A:[/B] The recording speed selector is located in ‘Common Settings’ - click on the white check mark in the green disc at the top of the opening screen (when you first start DVDFab). then look down the left panel to DVD - Write, and click on that.
a box there will have a number with an ‘X’ beside the number, and an arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow, and select a number this at least 1/2 the max writing speed of your blanks (preferably the new ones you will be receiving), and you have just set the recording speed (if you use the provided VSO burner).

[B]Part B:[/B] Before you waste too much more time fooling with the Memorex, wait for the new disks to arrive, and when they do, try one in both machines after recording a film of your choice.

There should be a noticeable difference, now (ie. both machines should play the disk, unless one has a problem with the format of blank you bought - a quick check of its manual should answer that question).

The help screens provided with Imgburn should answer most of your questions. Give them a peek while you’re awaiting your new disks.

O’C

:slight_smile:

Yes troy512 made some on how to set up ImgBurn with dvdfab but I too lazy right now to do a search for it. Maybe someone else will post it or better yet you can try and use the search function to find it. As your problems seems to be using the VSO burn engine if you changed the burn engine to nero or ImgBurn you DVDs will play in those players again.