Setting "Next Track" in dvdLab using multiple clips

I have a few seperate clips that I want to author using dvdLab, the problem is that I want to be able to use the “Next track” button on the DVD remote to be able to go to the next clip.
I can set dvdLab so that it plays the next clip after the first has completed, but I do not know how to set the “Next Track”.
Any help would be most appreciated :slight_smile:

Next track? Or next chapter?

I believe that dvdlab puts a chapter mark at the beginning of each “movie” that you have in the compilation. If it doesnt, just add the chapter ark manually.

For all intents and purposes as far as I know, the two things on a DVD remote are the same :stuck_out_tongue:
I mean as in, if you are on one movie if you press the “Next chapter/next track” button, you will skip through the chapters, and when it gets to the end on one movie, and you press the button, it should skip to the Next movie.
While playing “movie a” having a chapter point in “movie b” is all well and good, but you can’t just use the “Next chapter” button to go to that chapter.
Well, not with default settings anyway.
That is what I am trying to find out :frowning:

Ah, sorry for the bad grammar, just got home from work (12:30 am here)

hmm, well I have found that this can be done in DVDlab pro using Uops.
Shame I can’t afford pro, heh, do you know of another way to do this?

As genericuser said, when you import a movie into its track timeline in DVDLab, it autosets a chapter point at 00:00:00. If you put no other chapter points in the small clip, then assuming the output of Movie A is linked to the start of Movie B and end of Movie B linked to start of Movie C , etc, then using the Next Chapter/Track button will just jump to the next clip. This is commonly done this way in music video clips dvd’s.

Still not having any luck :frowning:
So, I guess that means I am doing something stupid :-S
Alright, so, I have two dvd-compatible mpeg clips in my asset window, I have imported each of those to two seperate movies. Movie 1, Movie 2.
I then go to the connection window, I draw a link from the right side of movie 1, to the left side of movie 2.
Then I draw a line from movie 2, to the menu.
I then use a button link in the menu to link to movie 1.
Once the files are compiled, and run in a software player, I can start Movie 1 from the main menu, Movie 2 starts once Movie 1 is finished, but I cannot use the Next chapter/track button to go to Movie 2 before Movie 1 is finished :-S
So, what am I doing wrong :-S

That all looks good to me. But try putting a chapter point as close to the end of Movie1 (and Movir2, etc). That way when you hit next chapter it will go to end of the clip and 1 sec (or so) later it starts the second clip.

Sounds like that is what I am going to have to do :stuck_out_tongue:
That was my original plan, thought there might have been a better way of doing it. Heh, it’s all good though.
Ah, the things we do to get decent chapter marks, heh.
Thanks for the help :slight_smile: