Setting Chapters in 5007

vbimport

I am in the process of backing up VHS tapes to DVD.

The tapes in question consist of 1-hour programs. Some tapes have 1 program on them, some have 2. My goal is to put 5 or 6 programs on each backup DVD. Recording the 1 program tapes is no problem - there is a chapter created when I record that tape.

My question is about the 2 program tapes. What I have been doing is stopping the recording after the first program and then re-starting the recording to get the second chapter.

Is there a way to mark a chapter start while the 5007 is recording?

I searched the manual but could find no reference to doing this.

Thanks in advance,

Terry

on the 5005 if you hit the edit button while it is recording it will mark a new chapter but you will not get a graphic or text listing for the 2nd program.

A title(program) is created when you start recording.This is the thumbnail or text title when you go to the top menu…,A chapter is just a ‘find point’ when you press 'next’and will not create any visible graphic.This can be done manually by pressing edit during recording(on the 5005) or you can set it to insert a chapter point at intervals in the record set up…The only way to create a thumbnail or text title is by starting a recording from a ‘stopped’ position (not pause).I agree it would have been a good function to have but maybe a future model will have it.

Thanks for your responses. I’ll just have to keep stopping the recording to get the multiple titles.

Actually, this may be a moot point.

Sunday I recorded five 1-hour programs on a single dvd using the 6-hour recording mode. After viewing the resulting dvd, I may revert to the 1-hour (HD?) setting and only record one hour per dvd.

This should give me better quality, no?

zeszut; You will definitly see a huge improvement in PQ if you use the 1 Hour. I have used the 2 and 3 hour and they are both very Picture Quality.
Pop’s

Thanks, workknot.

I’m moving to the 1-hour pq. More CDs but, hey, 13 CDs will beat 8 tapes for storage space any day!