Setting Booktype on DVR-116D

vbimport

How do you do this? Can it be set to permanently burn +R in -ROM? Are there pioneer dvd tools such as qsuite available for this drive? NERO CD speed quality does not works, says “Drive Does Not Support This Function”

Pioneer does not do bitsetting “out of the box”. You need to download MediaCodeSpeedEdit V1.1.0.18.

For the bitsetting, as already mentioned.
Use MCSE.
[B][U]See here[/U][/B]:
As for CD/DVDSpeed DiscQuality.
No go with Pioneer.
Either get a Lite-On or try DVDInfoPro.

@ jigsw,

You above quoted statement is not factually correct.

The Pioneer DVR-116D “out of the box” automatically (no user intervention required) Book Type Bit Sets [B]DVD+R DL Media [/B]to DVD-ROM. If you desire Book Type Bit Setting of [B]DVD+R SL Media [/B]requires the use of the Media Code Speed Edit tool to patch Pioneer Firmware for Book Type Bit Setting of DVD+R SL Media to DVD-ROM. After patching Pioneer Firmware for Book Type Bit Setting of DVD+R SL Media to DVD-ROM is also automatic (no user intervention required) for Book Type Bit Setting of DVD+R SL Media to DVD-ROM.

Regards,
bjkg

You guys are good. Would it be fair the pioneer to scan on a BenQ and compare it to BenQ burns to determine the “best” drive?

[QUOTE=smata67;2108003]You guys are good. Would it be fair the pioneer to scan on a BenQ and compare it to BenQ burns to determine the “best” drive?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I’ve done that a few times, actually. Done a few “shootouts” between a BenQ DW1640 and my Pio’s 115 and 116. I’ve always gotten better CD and double layer scans with lower jitter from the Pioneer, and about even with DVD SL scans.

Deleted.

You above quoted statement is not factually correct.

Sorry I didn’t imply SL :rolleyes:. I could tell by the post he was talking about SL.

[QUOTE=jigsw;2108303]Sorry I didn’t imply SL :rolleyes:. I could tell by the post he was talking about SL.[/QUOTE]

As the OP did refer to +R (not +R DL).
I saw no problem with your post.
However I guess we have to cater for all.
Some folk may have got confused. :eek:
The link in my previous post pretty much covered it all anyway.
But here, I guess not all folk follow links. :doh: