Set-top box that can play video_ts folder off of harddrive?

vbimport

Does anyone know of a media player set-top box that will play DVD content that is on hard disk complete with menus? I’m looking for a cheap unit that will play non-protected content in video_ts folders either from an external hard drive or over 100MB Ethernet.

Welcome to CDF’s:

I have a RCA DRC285 that has a USB port that will read stuff off an external HDD. It plays anything. If in the USA i bought it at K-Mart.

I have the RCA DRC285 also. Bob is right, it will play damn near anything. I use the USB connector with flash drives and hard drive enclosures to play AVI files. I bought it for $50 at Sears and was worth every penny. Using a flash drive in the USB port has saved me from burning numerous disks to watch videos.

[QUOTE=UTR;2046450]I have the RCA DRC285 also. Bob is right, it will play damn near anything. I use the USB connector with flash drives and hard drive enclosures to play AVI files. I bought it for $50 at Sears and was worth every penny. Using a flash drive in the USB port has saved me from burning numerous disks to watch videos.[/QUOTE]
yeah they are great…easy…no converting…no brainer :bigsmile:

Hey, this device is quite a bit less than I was expecting to have to pay! Have you guys actually used the interactive DVD menu’s from a hard disk? I ask only since you didn’t explicitly say so and I did a quick google search and I couldn’t find anyone that tried it either way. I’ve already got hardware that can run avi/vobs from disk; I’d be getting this just for the menu’s so I’d like to hear that someone has used them.

Thanks a lot!