Set booktype to DVD-ROM option

vbimport

I am new to DVDFab and use it to backup and burn DVD movies. I found this option “Set booktype to DVD-ROM (only for DVD+R/RW media)” in “Write” settings section.

Since I use DVD+R media, I thought it would be interesting to know more about this option. I checked the DVDFab Tutorials page and all it says is:

Setting the disc booktype to DVD-ROM can make your backup disc more compatible with some standalone players. Not all drives support this feature.

I could not understand it much. Can somebody talk more about it?

[quote=sheetumanu;2178345]I am new to DVDFab and use it to backup and burn DVD movies. I found this option “Set booktype to DVD-ROM (only for DVD+R/RW media)” in “Write” settings section.

Since I use DVD+R media, I thought it would be interesting to know more about this option. I checked the DVDFab Tutorials page and all it says is:

[I]Setting the disc booktype to DVD-ROM can make your backup disc more compatible with some standalone players. Not all drives support this feature.[/I]

I could not understand it much. Can somebody talk more about it?[/quote]
Ok, here is a link for you to read on that [B]DVD bitsetting[/B]. If you have more questions just ask

Good link GJ sure easier than trying to explain it

Thanks Jimbo, would have been too long of a post to explain so I was happy that I had the link bookmarked already.

I read the tutorial on bit setting and just want to clarify – I had a Plextor 716A and Plextor did update it to change the bit setting. Now have a Plextor 800 and Plextor doesn’t support bit setting anymore. So, (correct me if I’m wrong), even if you have software that allows bit setting – it won’t work if the DVD burner doesn’t support bit setting?

you are correct you cannot bitset if the dvd drive does not support it.

I don’t know about Plextor burners but you might look at the burner forum and get an update to the FW that will allow it

[QUOTE=Miami;2178457]I read the tutorial on bit setting and just want to clarify – I had a Plextor 716A and Plextor did update it to change the bit setting. Now have a Plextor 800 and Plextor doesn’t support bit setting anymore. So, (correct me if I’m wrong), even if you have software that allows bit setting – it won’t work if the DVD burner doesn’t support bit setting?[/QUOTE]I don’t have a Plextor newer than the 760A and no one seems to care about this application at this time. See if this will do you any good http://www.plextor.com/english/products/Plexutilities.html The download link is at the top and all the way at the bottom for this utility. This will not work with older Plextors but only the newer ones from what i understand.

It’s the newer Plextools if your familiar with that.

Here’s a discussion thread on this newer Plextor utility http://club.cdfreaks.com/f43/plexutilites-anybody-hear-about-software-255764/

I’m thinking the 800’s were/are Pioneers though?

Thanks a lot GJ for the information. It answered my question :slight_smile:

Your welcome sheetumanu