Session fixation errors -> media is to blame

vbimport

Hi there,

I have a question on session fixation errors (I know it is the topic people keep asking questions about, and yes I did search the forum before posting):

I have burnt like over a 50 Philips 16 x DVDs (MBIPG101 R05) of the same spindle. Now all of a sudden I get a session fixation error every single time on these. But when I switch to Verbatim 16x (MCC 004) it works fine every single time.

What can have happened?
I did check:

[ul]
[li]DMA: it’s on, log also shows that
[/li][li]log does show media error (I think)
[/li][li]I upgraded to Nero 7.7, no solution
[/li][li]I have even used a “DVD player cleaning DVD” but will that clean my burner too?
[/li][li]I also notice it takes a long time before it starts actually burning and then things go wrong.
[/li][li]Burning at 8x all is well using one of the disks that failed at 16x, so disc was not destroyed.
[/li][/ul]
So the log also show the media is the problem but why? They were okay all the time now all of a sudden they are not any more?

So what is happening, is my drive slowly dying? Is there something to check?

Attached an error log…

i have this problem too and i asked a friend to use MY media, the one that I use that KEEPS on becoming coasters, and they work fine. Has anyone tried reformatting their PCs since the coming of this problem?