Service pack 3 ,auto update?

vbimport

Does any one know if service pack 3 has just gone to a windows auto update?
In windows updates it gives you the option to install it or not and i chooesd not to, and its been like this since its release.
But after coming home from a 2 week break,switching the pc on it has started to auto update service pack 3 and i have never selected the option to insall it.
Even when i reimage my system it still starts to auto update service pack 3.

If you are referring to SP3 for XP Pro, then yes it has been fixed to be an auto update. I just did it a week ago on a different system, and I had no problems, however, I’m sure that there are those in here that has had some troubles with SP3 as well as others on the outside.

I haven’t had any issues with it, I upgraded manually though

I had plenty of problems and had to go back to Service Pack 2. But I have an Asus AN8-32SLI Deluxe Mobo and an AMD Opteron chipset. I actually had it installed after hours of work but my computer had problems resulting from it. This is a documented problem with this specific motherboard. So I just check manually for updates and install what I choose. It already cost a reformat, I am not trying it again.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2119771]I had plenty of problems and had to go back to Service Pack 2. But I have an Asus AN8-32SLI Deluxe Mobo and an AMD Opteron chipset. I actually had it installed after hours of work but my computer had problems resulting from it. This is a documented problem with this specific motherboard. So I just check manually for updates and install what I choose. It already cost a reformat, I am not trying it again.[/QUOTE]

This is what I am referring to, if you have a simple, straight forward system (off the shelf with same software) you probably will “NOT” have any troubles. However, if you have a self built system, or a modified setup you might have some troubles. I have come to the conclusion that this is done (by those in power) to try to make those of us with “Mod” systems conform. I guess that is way that places like these are so popular. You can come and ask questions and get straight answers.:cool:

My theory is that MS did this on purpose to make people upgrade to Vista. ( j/jking):bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2119833]My theory is that MS did this on purpose to make people upgrade to Vista. ( j/jking):bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, but there are those out there that will never conform, NO matter what “They” do. We have to stick together and share information. Don’t you agree? We (all here) need this place to have somewhere to converse and “work” out problems. After all, this is a “open” forum. Those at MS (and others) can only break those of us if we give up. We need to stick together and ignore off track issues? Yes? And you the man 4 getting it:bow:

Seems to be on “push” now.

I made sure to disengage anything that did registry update control and shut down my AV before letting it install, seems to have gone in OK.