Server trouble

vbimport

We’re currently experiencing server issues, reading seems to be fine, posting hardly possible. We are very, very sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you will bear with us!

I hope you will bear with us!
Of course! :iagree: :smiley:

Issues are resolved BTW :wink:

Grrr, I miss all the good stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2639469]Grrr, I miss all the good stuff :p[/QUOTE]

Yo Lin-

That’s what y’all get for sleeping in this morning-eh!!

:slight_smile:

It was probably just a kitten clogging up the works or something like that. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2639470]Yo Lin-

That’s what y’all get for sleeping in this morning-eh!!

:)[/QUOTE]

This is true :sad:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2639474]It was probably just a kitten clogging up the works or something like that. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I hope it’s been rescued! :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2639496]I hope it’s been rescued! ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it’s now been set to work preventing [B]myce[/B] getting into the servers.

Oops, I mean ‘mice’. :bigsmile:

[B]Stephen[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2639575]Yes, and it’s now been set to work preventing [B]myce[/B] getting into the servers.

Oops, I mean ‘mice’. :bigsmile:

[B]Stephen[/B][/QUOTE]

GROAN :bigsmile:

Well, it makes a change from those hamsters I suppose :bigsmile:

Just got the dreaded Database Error - that kitten needs some extra training, or some workmates! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2639657]Just got the dreaded Database Error - that kitten needs some extra training, or some workmates! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I’ve noticed it slow here with pages taking a long time to appear.

In the past this usually resulted in a database error but I’ve got into the habit of hitting whatever button I selected again when it pauses and the page appears immediately.

I’m not sure what would cause this behaviour though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2639666]

I’m not sure what would cause this behaviour though.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Kittens sleep 18hrs a day. Just look at Miss Kitty! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, the pages were deathly slow to load at the time, so that was probably it. :iagree:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2639670]Kittens sleep 18hrs a day. Just look at Miss Kitty! :p[/QUOTE]

So we need more kittens :wink:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2639670]Kittens sleep 18hrs a day. Just look at Miss Kitty! :p[/QUOTE]

Yes but they spend most of the rest of the time sharpening their claws! :eek::stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve just noticed another anomaly as one of the threads Kerry closed earlier took several minutes for the icon to change to closed even though the thread was already closed.

It’s not a caching issue either as I forced a refresh.

[B]Wombler[/B]

^ Carrying on from the set of threads Kerry just closed - the thread author’s post count shows one less than it actually is (i.e., their post count says 3, they actually have 4 threads).

Feels like I’m/we’re in the Twilight Zone. Spices things up I suppose, weekends are usually quiet! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2639679]^ Carrying on from the set of threads Kerry just closed - the thread author’s post count shows one less than it actually is (i.e., their post count says 3, they actually have 4 threads).

Feels like I’m/we’re in the Twilight Zone. Spices things up I suppose, weekends are usually quiet! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

This happened before quite some time ago and it took ages for things to filter through.

At it’s worst I remember posting and not being able to see the post until five minutes later.

Let’s hope there’s not something gradually gumming up the pipelines and this doesn’t get any worse.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2639681]This happened before quite some time ago and it took ages for things to filter through.

At it’s worst I remember posting and not being able to see the post until five minutes later.

Let’s hope there’s not something gradually gumming up the pipelines and this doesn’t get any worse.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I remember the bit in bold happening very well…usually right before the server went belly-up :iagree:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2639684]I remember the bit in bold happening very well…usually right before the server went belly-up :iagree:[/QUOTE]

It started off with the database errors though and got progressiively worse.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2639689]It started off with the database errors though and got progressiively worse.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Don’t remind me shudder :eek:

Trouble again?

Editing posts is nearly impossible for me at the moment - nothing happens most of the time after clicking the ‘Save’ button.