Server Cloning Software

vbimport

Anyone here familiar with Server Cloning Software ?

Looking at Aomei Backupper Server and EaseUS Todo Backup Server.

Wondering if anyone here has used either one and which one they would recommend for use with Windows 2008 R2 Server.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
bean55

[QUOTE=bean55;2771737]Anyone here familiar with Server Cloning Software ?

Looking at Aomei Backupper Server and EaseUS Todo Backup Server.

Wondering if anyone here has used either one and which one they would recommend for use with Windows 2008 R2 Server.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
bean55[/QUOTE]

I have only experience with Aomei’s tool for server and partitions, but that is so far the ultimate I have used and if their Backupper is half as good, it is still great… Fwiw, That partition utility ought to be put in a hall of fame if it is accompanied with their Dynamic disk utility.
EaseUS has received good critics, but I can not vote either way as I have no personal experience.

Mostly just bumping to get attention as I would like to know this myself in other words :slight_smile:

Thanks Xercus for your valuable input.

I have used both Partitions managers and found them both great pieces of software.
Now looking into the Cloning stuff.

Lots of companies charge an extra fee for their server backup software,while there’s almost no difference with their professional version…some software just checks for a ‘server signature’ and refuses to work if you’re using a non-server version of their program.
1 great program that doesn’t do that,and is VERY affordable,is TeraByte’s Image For Windows :

https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

And it has a wealth of recovery/bootdiscs! :bow:

Thanks for the info roadworker i will look into it.

For that price,you can’t go wrong…:wink:
And they have a very flexible upgrade policy,somewhere in 2012 I bought it,and still didn’t have to pay for an upgrade yet…:stuck_out_tongue:
Warm imaging,cold imaging …you name it,you can even backup over your network!:bigsmile:

Xercus ( side note FYI )

The one thing I liked most about EaseUs Partition Manager is that you can put the empty space in front of the partition instead on the back of it like most other programs require you to do, saves a step in other words.

[QUOTE=bean55;2771737]Anyone here familiar with Server Cloning Software ?[/QUOTE]

Unless the new server has the exact same purpose as the original one, i would not recommend cloning a server. It doesn’t really work in the long run. Most would have features installed you don’t want on your new server or strange weird SIDS/tokens/accounts/etc you can’t get rid of.

Better would be to make a default template in Vmware ESXi or Microsoft’s Hyper-V (or Azure if you have a cloud) and deploy servers from there.

For backups i recommend Veeam. Excellent server backup software. A good backup environment will be absle to restore in a short time frame.

Thanks quantumsound for your input

Much appreciated

Thanks Mr Belvedere

I was looking into increasing the size which is why i was looking at cloning software.

Thanks for your input