Hello all, I have decided to make a detailed post asking for help with my Samsung SH-S203N model CD/DVD writer combo.
My drive is physically okay, it has read and burned fine for over a year now. But my computer no longer detects it as a disc writer, just a CD reader. It still reads all my DVD's and CD's, but upon insertion of a blank I receive this error.
"D:/ Cannot be accessed. Incorrect function."
After doing a bit of googling, I stumbled onto this thread.
I read through all 22 pages and tried the fixes.
- My drive does not have a recording tab when I go to properties, I tried using regedit to change the drive value from 1 to 2, but that was to no avail. There is still no recording tab.
- I uninstalled and reinstalled the drive in hardware manager, nothing.
- I deleted the high and low filters, nothing.
- I removed all my DVD burning software (Imgburn, Poweriso, and Magiciso)
- I cannot update the firmware. The firmware updater does not detect my drive.
- I did a virus scan
- I never used Nero, but I ran the cleaner anyways just to see if it helped
- Switched SATA cables and ports
When no disk is in, the drive is labled DVD-RAM drive, and the type of drive is labled CD drive
When I insert a disk, it changes both to CD drive.
It reads my disks fine, even burned ones, but can not read a blank disk. I don't have any third party burning software.
I'm running XP 32 bit SP3
Please help CD freaks!