Serious problem with Pioneer 112D!

Hy,
im newn here and i have a qw. I flased my pioneer 112D to 112L. My problem is that now i cannot write discs on 16x speed. i tried to flash the device @back@ but i got the message Unable to set Kernel mode. Please help me to get beck my old firmware!
I downloaded the 112L flash from this site, http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DVR112L , and there is a flash for 112D, but i get that message, so please help me!

Were u able to do so with the original fw?

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

What burning software do you use? Do you get an error message when you attempt a 16x burn?

If you burn with Nero, can you please post an error log (removing your serial number from it first), as a lot of info is missing from your initial post, and we may be able to help you sort out the problem without flashing your firmware again.

Also, what media are you using?

Ok, let`s see.
first, when i was using the dvdrw with the original flash i wote dvds on 16x. The burning program is Nero Burning ROm 7.5.7.0 i have a slower machine on 2,4ghz celeron, 512 333mhz ddr.

I dontt get any error messages, simply when i use nero xpress at the options i can set the writing speed only for 2.4x The dvdrw drivers flas number is 8.06, and it is now DVR-112L. I used philips dvd media, verbatim, verbatim and xwave cds, and i didnt have any problem with the older firmware version. Simply the dvd writing speed is 2.4. i set it fo data dvd, video dvd the speed is 2.4, of course i didnt tried writing on this speed.
Otherwise, the cd writing speed is 32x, and it was 32x on the old firmware.

And youhave not checked DMA mode yet?
Just do it, the burner has to run in UDMA4 mode.

[quote=chef;1971269]And youhave not checked DMA mode yet?
Just do it, the burner has to run in UDMA4 mode.[/quote]
How can i cehck it?:o

You see in Arachne’s post above, in her signature it says “How to Check DMA”?. That’s how. :wink:

If you have 112L 8.06 firmware on your drive, I suggest upgrading to 8.21 or 1.24 instead of going back to 112D firmware.

There’s a link to a download somewhere around the forum…

Some firmwares are listed here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/post-new-firmware-tool-announcements-here-210917/index2.html

I have checked, everything is fine, i used thet resetdma thing, reseted my pc, but nothing happened.
I will put here some pics to see the problem…

@ commodo64,

What IDE Channel do you have your Pioneer DVR-112 connected to? It appears from your #10 posting that your Pioneer DVR-112 is installed in the Secondary Salve position. What device do have installed in the Secondary Master position? The Pioneer Drives perform best when installed in the Master position. If possible suggest re-arranging your IDE Secondary Channel so that your Pioneer DVR-112 is installed in the Secondary Master position.

DVR-112L version 8.06 Firmware is old out of date obsolete Firmware. Have you upgraded your DVR-112 to DVR-112L version 1.24 or DVR-112L version 8.25 Firmware as suggested in posting #8?

Regards,
bjkg

Sorry for coming in late to this but I think this is more likely a media issue than a hardware issue.

What are the media codes of the media you are trying to use?

Seems to me the drive just isn’t recognising it so its defaulting to the most basic speeds.

You most definitely need to update to the latest available firmware, then check your media codes against the media list for that firmware.

[quote=DrageMester;1971421]If you have 112L 8.06 firmware on your drive, I suggest upgrading to 8.21 or 1.24 instead of going back to 112D firmware.

There’s a link to a download somewhere around the forum…[/quote]
yes, ihave ttied this, but nothing. i flashed with this one-pic1-, and when i tri to flash it back with a second flasher i got this message-pic2.

[quote=Brad-Pioneer;1971567]Sorry for coming in late to this but I think this is more likely a media issue than a hardware issue.

What are the media codes of the media you are trying to use?

Seems to me the drive just isn’t recognising it so its defaulting to the most basic speeds.

You most definitely need to update to the latest available firmware, then check your media codes against the media list for that firmware.[/quote]

I didnt have problems with the older firmware version. Also, when ii dont put cd in the drive, the writing speed is also 2.4x. So i dont think the problem is with the cds.

I downloaded something from this link
http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/hd/dvm-rxg18_fw.html
http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/hd/dvsm-xl1218_fw.html

and now will trie to flas it.

[quote=bjkg;1971532]@ commodo64,

What IDE Channel do you have your Pioneer DVR-112 connected to? It appears from your #10 posting that your Pioneer DVR-112 is installed in the Secondary Salve position. What device do have installed in the Secondary Master position? The Pioneer Drives perform best when installed in the Master position. If possible suggest re-arranging your IDE Secondary Channel so that your Pioneer DVR-112 is installed in the Secondary Master position.

DVR-112L version 8.06 Firmware is old out of date obsolete Firmware. Have you upgraded your DVR-112 to DVR-112L version 1.24 or DVR-112L version 8.25 Firmware as suggested in posting #8?

Regards,
bjkg[/quote]

Yes, it is secondary, my nec5800C is the primary. Sorry, i dont know which firmware do I have now, aput these pictures, probably now you can fint which one i have, i am not such an expert, and tomorrow i will have a math test…

I donwloaded some files from that chines or japanes site, will see wat will happen, also i will trie toset the pionn er to primary IDE. If you know or anybody where can i get the latest firmware, please put the link here, i just want to have writing speed on 18x…:sad:

Did you had a BLANK dvd media inserted when creating that screenshot from Nero (posted earlier)?
That is necessary so that the burner/firmware can check the mediatype and MID to give suitable burnspeeds back to the GUI/user.

[quote=chef;1971791]Did you had a BLANK dvd media inserted when creating that screenshot from Nero (posted earlier)?
That is necessary so that the burner/firmware can check the mediatype and MID to give suitable burnspeeds back to the GUI/user.[/quote]

Of course, there is a blank dvd media in the trash. Heyy, i have take some steps, now i can write on speed 12x. also, i put the pionner as primary IDE.

I installed that things from that japanes site. Now this is the situation

You’re stil on 8.06 which is pretty old, so now that we have that progess we need to get you over to the newest fw.

ok, so can yountell me waht to do? where can i find this:
@ Download Pioneer DVR-A12J 1.24 and use MCSE to enable bitsetting.@
links please:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=commodo64;1971868]@ Download Pioneer DVR-A12J 1.24 and use MCSE to enable bitsetting.@links please:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Its in the “tools and announcements” sticky right at the top of this Pioneer forum.