Serious problem Sony DVD burner

vbimport

<hr style=“color: rgb(204, 204, 204);” size=“1”> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hello!
I write here after searching for a solution also in other forums, but nothing had to do before. :rolleyes:

I have two dvd burners on my pc, a Sony DRU510-A and a newer Benq 1655, plus a simple cd reader. They worked all together without problems until about a month ago (even the Benq has still problems, sometimes, to eject the drawer if it’s done by the pression of its button).
But, in the last days, I’ve found my Sony burner was not correctly working, even if it was good before: now it doesn’t read/write any dvd :sad: (he tries for a long time then fails, alerting it didn’t found anything) and function only in cd reading/burning modes. I tried to clean and reinstall ASPI and to reflash its firmware (even it was right), and I also found hidden traces of the Starforce protection under the hardware menu (which I swept away as I read to do). It seemed to work, after all, when I restarted my computer with a dvd inside the drive it read it in the right way, but after opening/closing its drawer, it failed again. :eek:

Now, for Windows XP and Nero the burner is a DVD burner without problems (and Nero InfoTools,too), but they don’t still see any dvd disk inside (empty or full)…what I have to do? :confused:
Thanks for helping me!

And so…may anyone help me? :bow:
I tried to clean the lense, but that was not a solution…

The 510A is a VERY OLD DVD burner. More likely that it has outlived its time, sounds like the laser diode to read DVD is dying/has died. Besides, it will have problems reading new DVD media since they won’t be supported in the firmware. Solution is to take it out of the computer and use the 1655 only.

Hi Ragnoboy and welcome. :slight_smile:
I agree with KTL; that’s an old and slow reader/burner and it couldn’t write correctly the actual discs.
You have a fast reader and a very good burner, the BenQ.

Thanks a lot!
I wouldn’t believe :frowning: that was at the end, because it was as like as unused (I didn’t burn hundreds of DVDs or CDs and it still read/burn these last ones), but maybe the laser is depowered (from one day to another? :confused: ).
So, if it’s really partially “dead”, I’ll try the “shift trimmer” solution…

[QUOTE=Ragnoboy;2007657]Thanks a lot!
I wouldn’t believe :frowning: that was at the end, because it was as like as unused (I didn’t burn hundreds of DVDs or CDs and it still read/burn these last ones), but maybe the laser is depowered (from one day to another? :confused: ).
So, if it’s really partially “dead”, I’ll try the “shift trimmer” solution…[/QUOTE]

First try it in another pc if you can. :wink:

Ehhe, a softer solution… :iagree:
Maybe if I find one, I’ll try…

Thanks a lot to all of you!