Serious Nero Problems

I have searched EVERYWHERE for anything regarding nero not burning at full speed, and everything I have seen is nothing related to the problems Im having.

I didnt change anything with my hardware or software setup, nero 5 was burning fine at 4x then a day or so later, with literally nothing changed, it just stopped being able to burn at that speed and now will only burn at 2x…Determine max speed is un-ticked, the correct IDE channels are set to “DMA if applicable”, the cds are of 48x capability and I have never had a probem with my LG 4x burner until just now.

Why would nero just suddenly cease to function correctly? I even updated to version 6.0.0.9 and I still get the same problem. What on earth is going on here? The disk will write up to 7% then stop, then I get the follow errors in the log.txt :

#24 CDR -1026 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 232
Current program area empty

#25 TRANSFER -19 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 232
Could not perform Fixation

#26 Text 0 File WriterStatus.cpp, Line 241
falling back to disc fixation

#27 Text 0 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1703
Set remaining time: 0:00,000 (0ms) -> OK

#28 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1843
Burn process failed at 4x (600 KB/s)

Has nero just decided to pack up and not work on my system for good, or whats the problem here? I have never once had a issue with my burner until now and im 99% sure these problems are due to nero doing something whack within windows xp.

Speed tests on my drive within Nero come back perfect, and it tests at 4x with no problems at all. I have tried everything apart from the last resort of formatting my PC, which I shouldnt need to do.

If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing this issue, please let me know, thanks.

have you tried updating your firmware or just unistalled and reinstalling nero ??? both those should be tried first …firmware is the brain of the little cdrw …and it tells how fast to burn and what cd’s are capable of and more stuff like that … so just wondering …also I didnt see you list your burner …what type ? i seen you list dma mode. … is it two ??

well those are just some things to check …firmware is important