Series DVD's

I dont know if anyone has come accross this before or knows a solution but here goes.

I am wanting to back up my DVD’s of Lost The Complete First series using DVDfab. I am doing this because they are region 1 and i understand that DVDfab cab remove the region coding. The problem i have is that on each of the 6 dvd’s there are more than one movie track, each one representing each episode (up to 4). I have 4.7GB disks but i have not a clue where to start to get the discs to copy, and if it is a space issue does anyone know how to reduce the size? I am new to the backing up of DVD’s so i dont know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In DVD Fab use the wizard. That will analaze the disc and give you the option to copy it as a season disc. It will copy the disc to two disc. If you use express and compress the disc the quality will be reduced.

Agree with ddutton. Just an FYI, copying season discs is a very hit or miss (a lot of miss) process with the “season disc” option, so you’ll have to see how it goes. Express should work ok, due to the relatively small amount of compression on the original studio disc, since it was made for TV…but you’ll have to see how the playback is. These days, I almost always use gold for any TV series…it works best for me…consistently good quality and no problems besides the occasional minor annoyance of having a particular episode split (eg., Nip Tuck - total of 3 episodes on a 9 GB disc). With 4 episodes, this shouldn’t be a problem.

So to recap, express will always compress when burning to a SL as long as the original exceeds SL size and you’re not burning to a DL. Gold will never compress, and will always split to 2 discs, again, as long as the original exceeds SL size (default for fab is 4200MB).

Hope this helps,

Tom

I burned four episodes of smallville season 1 on to disc using convert x to dvd which normally turns out good but this time it didnt :frowning: the quality was not good whatsoever and the menu was a little jumpy

[QUOTE=Summerz2k7;1956789]… using convert x to dvd …

Any Advice email me at …
[/QUOTE]

Summerz2k7, you are in the DVDfab forum. Your question is specific to ConvertX to DVD, and would be more appropriate in the VSO Software forum.

You likely will get better results here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f65/

Also posting your email address (at least without any kind of obfuscation) is generally a bad idea, since the spammers’ bots likely will harvest it. Also, on support forums such as this most folks prefer to post answers on the forum so everyone can benefit, rather than sending email that only benefits one person. A further benefit for the original poster is that other people can weigh in with comments about earlier advice.

[quote=Summerz2k7;1956789]I burned four episodes of smallville season 1 on to disc using convert x to dvd which normally turns out good but this time it didnt :frowning: the quality was not good whatsoever and the menu was a little jumpy

Summererz2k7, Please repost your question in our VSO Forum.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f65/

one method that worked for me on 4 episode discs is to use cusomise & make 2 x SL DVD backups. There will be 4 long titles on each disc, lets sasy they are titles 1, 2, 3 & 4. Select customise + preserve menus & select titles 1 & 2 only. Burn to SL. then repeat for titles 3 & 4 only. that gives 100% quality. You just have to remember or label the copes so that you know what episodes are on ech disc.