Seperate tab on second monitor (tv)

vbimport

Hey, i have recently gotten Netflix, my problem is, i want to be able to show movies etc on my tv, and still freely use my laptop, without the family’s viewing being disturbed.

So, you’ve got an HDMI or some video cable running from this laptop to the TV monitor? And you can ‘switch’ your laptop’s Display from

1. PC
  2. or TV (the 2nd monitor)
  3. or Both

but you can’t create a two-screen-wide “display”?

Is this correct?

When I want to do this, my video-card supports “2-monitor-wide display”. I can right-click on the Windows Desktop (which produces a pop-up menu), select PROPERTIES and go to SETTINGS for these changes.

My PROPERTIES - SETTINGS show a “1” and a “2” monitor, and I can change to 2-monitor-display at this point. Does your not give you these options?

If not, then this might be a restriction on the computer’s video-card capabilities.

(I don’t really create a ‘2nd tab’ by the way. I ‘drag’ the TV-watching screen over to the “TV” portion and I leave my webpage and PC-functions ‘dragged’ onto the PC screen’s area.)

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2659488]So, you’ve got an HDMI or some video cable running from this laptop to the TV monitor? And you can ‘switch’ your laptop’s Display from

1. PC
  2. or TV (the 2nd monitor)
  3. or Both

but you can’t create a two-screen-wide “display”?

Is this correct?

When I want to do this, my video-card supports “2-monitor-wide display”. I can right-click on the Windows Desktop (which produces a pop-up menu), select PROPERTIES and go to SETTINGS for these changes.

My PROPERTIES - SETTINGS show a “1” and a “2” monitor, and I can change to 2-monitor-display at this point. Does your not give you these options?

If not, then this might be a restriction on the computer’s video-card capabilities.

(I don’t really create a ‘2nd tab’ by the way. I ‘drag’ the TV-watching screen over to the “TV” portion and I leave my webpage and PC-functions ‘dragged’ onto the PC screen’s area.)[/QUOTE]
Hey thank you for your response. I’ve sorted it out. It was a simple case of dragging the whitebar of the relevant tab off screen to the right, where it then appears on the second monitor (tv). I have came upon various ppl with the same problem. I think the difficulty in specifying a search term is what causes difficulties. That and a simple diagram on settings, for harmless simpletons like me. Thanks again to all who replied.