Sennheiser new Orpheus headphone will set you back $55,000 – and that’s not a typo

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Sennheiser new Orpheus headphone will set you back $55,000 – and that’s not a typo[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/11/sennheiser-orpheus-headphones-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Sennheiser has announced a headphone developed for their 70th birthday that has a MSRP of $55,000 (€50,000). The headset is called “Orpheus” and should offer the best possible sound quality, according to the German audio equipment manufacturer.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/sennheiser-new-orpheus-headphone-will-set-you-back-55000-and-thats-not-a-typo-77720/](http://www.myce.com/news/sennheiser-new-orpheus-headphone-will-set-you-back-55000-and-thats-not-a-typo-77720/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Gonna buy me a set…but 1st I have to convince my better half to sell our house…:bigsmile:

Then the tough decision comes - The $55,000 headphones or the $55,000 diamond ring she keeps hinting about . . . :eek:

[QUOTE=Seán;2762917]Then the tough decision comes - The $55,000 headphones or the $55,000 diamond ring she keeps hinting about . . . :eek:[/QUOTE]

As an ex-diamondcutter,I’m pretty sure I can convince her that she won’t get value for money when buying that ring…but she will tell me the same about the headphones…:bigsmile::bigsmile:

$55.000 sound in Headphones? Roadworker, she is probably right :bigsmile:
How many that are willing to pay that price for headphones is unknownm, but in my mind 250 headphones, even though a small number, should cover the entire market.
With a total retail value of $13.750.000 it still must be a great birthday present for Sennheiser if they are all sold. :cool:

I do use Sennheiser headphones for everyday listening, but nowhere near this crazyness. :rolleyes:
I have an ASUS Essence STX II soundcard with Senneiser RS220 Wireless headphones hooked up to it. :stuck_out_tongue:
This setup gives me the freedom to move around, work, play it loud without disturbing the neighbours, my wife when I explore new musical styles or if she watch T.V. and last but not least getting disturbed while reading technical documentation.
The quality is adequate for most musical genres and styles I listen to and I notice that my current stereo equipment is used less and less frequently as I now have full stereo wherever I am in our flat or whatever I do. :iagree:

FWIW:
I once listened to a 2.1 stereo rig totalling $150.000 and I was impressed, very much so, until I heard the price. :eek:
Compared to my own $12.000 rig at the time, the sound was even more defined and transparent of course. :sad:
I doubt however, I could have justified spending $3.000 more to get to 1/10 of the value of that rig, even if it would give me the same quality sound. :disagree:

For more in-depth information https://youtu.be/YK6ilc1TMSo
sheer crazyness altough I believe it to be a unique experience listening to them.

anyway there is no better way[U] not to sell[/U] a single thing!

good luck

[QUOTE=Millennium12;2762971][B]Senn… who?[/B][/QUOTE] Sennheiser is widely considered to be one of the best if not [I]the[/I] best headphone manufacturer in the world. :iagree:

Hey everyone, I’m in a bit of a bind here. I have two problems: I have no headphones, and I can’t figure out what to do with $55,000. Anyone know what can be done? If only I could solve two problems with one stone, and blow huge amounts of money on headphones. That would solve my problem, wouldn’t it?

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2762975]Sennheiser is widely considered to be one of the best if not [I]the[/I] best headphone manufacturer in the world. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Here in Ostraya it is not really that popular since there is a sea of audio manufacturers out there.

Personally I would prefer to get a car for that money instead of burning it on a headset that is not even gold plated and still made in Chinkistan.

Damn, audiophile craziness knows no bounds. I listened to the then top line Wilson WAM speakers quite a few years ago and yes they really sounded awesome BUT they cost as much as a decent house.
I built my speakers with drivers I liked and probably didn’t spend over 200 bucks and I still like and use them to this day after building and upgrading since the early 80’s.
I did add a powered decent quality cheap sub a while back and that was like less then 150 shipped and also meshes and sounds great with the mains.
I like decent sound but I also like money so I have to make due with great bang per buck stuff or build my own. Would be nice to have that kind of disposable income to not have to worry about the price.