Senna Blu Ray rip, audio out of sync

vbimport

Hi,

I’m using DVDFab 8.1.8.5 on Windows 7 Home Edition, all updates applied. I’m trying to rip the Senna region-free Blu Ray disc, but the audio is out of sync with the video by about a half second.

Also experienced this with an earlier version of DVDFab (don’t know the number, but it was released March 2012). Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Are you [B]just[/B] ripping the movie to the hard drive in blu ray format, or are you converting to another format also?

DVDFab has unfortunately used an incorrect naming scheme, where they use the term Blu ray Ripper for their [B]conversion[/B] module. If you are simply transferring the blu ray movie to the hard drive in blu ray format, you would use the Blu ray Copy section of DVDFab.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2635796]Are you [B]just[/B] ripping the movie to the hard drive in blu ray format, or are you converting to another format also?

DVDFab has unfortunately used an incorrect naming scheme, where they use the term Blu ray Ripper for their [B]conversion[/B] module. If you are simply transferring the blu ray movie to the hard drive in blu ray format, you would use the Blu ray Copy section of DVDFab.[/QUOTE]

I agree their terminology is confusing, but I’m using the term the same way DVDFab uses it and ripping to a different format, m4v.

My suggestion is to use DVDFab to break encryption and rip the movie to the hard drive without conversion. Then use something else to convert the movie. DVDFab is [B]not[/B] a good program for conversion to other formats, and I never recommend it for this purpose.

Since the rules of this subforum prohibit mentioning other programs, I cannot tell you the ones I’d use in this thread. There is a thread in another section of our forums where we recommend conversion programs however: http://club.myce.com/f32/short-list-good-video-conversion-programs-327000/

And you might want to look at this thread over at videohelp.com: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/343677-How-to-easily-convert-a-Blu-ray-to-MP4-M4V-MKV-using-free-tools

[QUOTE=larryr6985;2635795]Hi,

I’m using DVDFab 8.1.8.5 on Windows 7 Home Edition, all updates applied. I’m trying to rip the Senna region-free Blu Ray disc, but the audio is out of sync with the video by about a half second.

Also experienced this with an earlier version of DVDFab (don’t know the number, but it was released March 2012). Any suggestions?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Try this first.

Go to Common Settings >> A/V Codec and disable Lightning Recoding.

Close DVDFab, reopen it, then try again.

If this doesn’t work then disable the GPU codecs from the same settings screen, restart DVDFab and see if that sorts it.

Let me know if it doesn’t work as there are a couple of other settings that can be linked to this problem on certain systems.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2635845]Since the rules of this subforum prohibit mentioning other programs, I cannot tell you the ones I’d use in this thread. There is a thread in another section of our forums where we recommend conversion programs however: http://club.myce.com/f32/short-list-good-video-conversion-programs-327000/
[/QUOTE]

Kerry I’ve moved this thread for you so please feel free to comment further if you wish.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2636219]Kerry I’ve moved this thread for you so please feel free to comment further if you wish.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

No, I’m good thanks. I thought I was doing a fine job of dancing the sidestep there. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2636260]No, I’m good thanks. I thought I was doing a fine job of dancing the sidestep there. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yeah you gave Gene Kelly a run for his money there! :bigsmile:

I’ll leave it here anyway as it keeps the thread more open for further discussions.

[B]Wombler[/B]