Send me your firmwares! Instructions inside

vbimport

Have a new drive(with a very new firmware version) or an old drive that is not upgraded with a newer firmware?

I'm interested in having those firmware versions.

Use MTKFLASH, get it here

Extract all files to a diskette or to a FAT16/32 partitioned drive as DOS won't see NTFS partitions.

Drive must be on the main IDE controller!!!
Boot into real dos modus.
Go to the directory where you have the extracted files.

Type:

MTKFLASH "x" R /B /M filename.bin

Where "x" is a number from 1 to 4:

1: Primary master
2: Primary slave
3: Secondary master
4: Secondary slave

It may take a while to finish so don't panic. This will give a filename.bin file that is about 500-550k. This is the file that I want :wink: So send it to me at oc-freak@cdfreaks.com

To flash a drive using MTKFLASH:

MTKFLASH "x" W /B /M filename.bin

"x" is still the same as above.

This have been tested by me and worked for me! But everybody that have used the programs and have anything to comment/tell/explain feel free to reply here.

And don't use the readout.bat and upgrade.bat files........

Note that this may only work for drives with mediatek(All Lite-On drives from LTR-16102B and up have mediatek chipset) chipset.....for the others I'm more unsure....

Have a question. I’ve never used MTKFLASH before. Is it like Hex Editor? I think I’m going to learn how to use it. Soumds fun.

It’s not a hex editor. It’s simply a program for saving the information in your writer/CD-ROM/DVD-ROM’s BIOS(firmware) into a file or uploading from a file into your writer/CD-ROM/DVD-ROM’s BIOS(firmware).

That’s it :wink:

And MTKFLASH is made for use with units based on Mediatek chipset…

You may need other programs for units based on other chipsets…

Ok I’ll do my best to give you Lite on 24 and 32 burner firmware, do you need other brands too?

Yeah nice with other brands also…but I don’t know if MTKFLASH will work with writers that have other chipsets than Mediatek.

Some writers based on mediatek chipset(correct me if I’m wrong ;)):

Newer Lite-Ons
Newer TEACs
Newer plextors
Newer Benq/Acers
Newer sonys?
Asus
BTC
Some LG writers

And probably some more as well :confused:

I will send you my teac cdw58e firmware for now since i’m not @ home. Unfortunately i don’t study in the same city I usually live in.

I tied to download the firmware of my cdw58e but after 10 minutes nothing happened.

Sorry!

Yep I think that drive is to old?

Only 24X teac’s and newer have mediatek chipsets…

I just bought a 40x lite-on. It uses mediatek doesnt it?

Yep, it’s mediatek :wink:

But I already have ZS03 bin file for it…if I’m correct.

But if it’s shipped with a newer version, feel free to kick it over to me.

http://www.liteonit.com.tw/index-english.htm try a look at this site if you don’t have it :cool:

bump

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]To flash a drive using MTKFLASH:

MTKFLASH “x” W /M filename.bin

“x” is still the same as above.

This have been tested by me and worked for me! But everybody that have used the programs and have anything to comment/tell/explain feel free to reply here.

And don’t use the readout.bat and upgrade.bat files…

Note that this may only work for drives with mediatek(All Lite-On drives from LTR-16102B and up have mediatek chipset) chipset…for the others I’m more unsure… [/B]

just curious… wat do the readout.bin and upgrade.bat files do?

I accidentally clicked on readout.bat in win2k…and it was running some weird stuff…:stuck_out_tongue:

I tried with MTKFlash to write xs0f I got from a friend and MTKFlash doesn’t want to flash it. It comes with some error at the begin of flash (0%). Any suggestion?

Buuummp.

Still need your firmwares :wink:

You should tell us, which versions you still need. I don’t think you still need all versions that are not yet listed in your firmware thread

I’ll send you my ZS08.bin (shipped) and my ZS0A.bin (updated) when I’m back home…

Will try to update the firmware thread very soon. (I have to upload the firmwares first.)

Maybe you could write down the versions you already have and convert them into links after you have uploaded them?
Nobody wants to bomb you with versions you already have :slight_smile:

Rats. If I had only joined sooner I could’ve given you XS0R from my LTR-32123S before I flashed it.

Got XS0U? :stuck_out_tongue: