Send files from main dr. to2ed dr.?

i have a older dell with a 40 g drive ,have have put in a new 100g,dr. and would like to send old and new files and folders like pic,or movies,my doc,or downloads to it so i can keepmore room on 1st dr.can you explane how to set this up. i have fomated the 2ed dr. thanks for any info i get .xbill

[QUOTE=xbill;2565966]i have a older dell with a 40 g drive ,have have put in a new 100g,dr. and would like to send old and new files and folders like pic,or movies,my doc,or downloads to it so i can keepmore room on 1st dr.can you explane how to set this up. i have fomated the 2ed dr. thanks for any info i get .xbill[/QUOTE]

We need more specs as to what kinda dell do you have and what kinda connectors do the HDD have before we can get started??

If you can see both the small and the large hard drive on your PC, then open Windows Explorer and browse to the files you want to move to the new large drive. Select all of the files that you want to move, right click on them and select ‘Cut’. Now browse to your new drive and then right click and select ‘Paste’. This will move the files from your original small drive to your new larger drive.

You can select multiple files by holding the ‘Ctrl’ key on your keyboard before you left click on them. Once you have several selected you can then do the right mouse click and select ‘Cut’.

RM

thanks i’ll try that.

You can also multi select by holding down the Shift key & selecting the first & last file you want in the same folder.
You can also do this with multiple folders.
I have also found that DVD video folders don’t like being moved this way.
That would be the ones that have .ifo , .bup , & .vob files.
I move mine of this type with CloneDVD2 to another drive when necessary.
If you have already moved some this way & they won’t sucessfully burn afterwards try FixVTS on them.