Send DVD Movie by email

vbimport

Is it possible to send a dvd movie by email please?:slight_smile:

Its possible. Gmail has a 7.5gb storage limit. I have no idea what the upload speed would be, but I suspect it would be dismal.

Its also possible to get a free storage account online and upload a dvd to it. A basic level membership at Adrive.com is free and allows 50gb of storage.

Edit: By the way, this discussion is about [B]distribution [/B]of a dvd-video. As such, you should hold full rights of ownership/copyright of the movie in question if you wish to get advice in these forums. A home made dvd, for example, is well within the boundaries of discussion here.

Something Like Rapid Share maybe.
I think G-mail & most e-mail limit the size of each e-mail to 25MB.

Thanks for the info on Gmail cholla. I don’t have an account there, so don’t know their restrictions on size of individual emails.

I just went over to my G-mail account to make sure.
This is from their Help:

With Gmail, you can send and receive messages up to 25 megabytes (MB) in size.

:bigsmile: That would take a heck of a lot of emails!

What would that work out to be? I’m just guessing here but might that be around 15 seconds of uncompressed video per email attachment?

Thank You. I`ve received emails that have a link containing a video clip. How is that done? :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2545967]Thank You. I`ve received emails that have a link containing a video clip. How is that done? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

It’s pretty easy:

Click once to highlight a link, then right click “copy,” then place the cursor within the email, then right click to bring up the menu, then click “paste” and the link is now in the email.

A link is just that–it’s not the video itself–just a link to the location where the video clip resides.

[QUOTE=VoxHumana;2545970]It’s pretty easy:

Click once to highlight a link, then right click “copy,” then place the cursor within the email, then right click to bring up the menu, then click “paste” and the link is now in the email.

A link is just that–it’s not the video itself–just a link to the location where the video clip resides.[/QUOTE]Thank You, i`m not sure what you mean there. I have an avi movie on my computer in my documents, how do i create a link on that to put into the message of an email?:slight_smile:

I found a way by opening Outlook>right click the message area>click hyperlink>selected file for hyperlink (see attached)>click ok and the hyperlink is inserted into the email. A movie file of 324MB is sent in a link, the link size 8kb. I tested it by sending the email/hyperlink to myself, all played successful.;):bow:

If you send that email to someone not on your network, they will not be able to open the link since they do not have a connection to your PC.

RM

A pretty easy way to send/receive large files is something like XFiles

“Visit xFiles, click the Share File button and select your file. Copy the URL and share it with your friend. All they have to do is visit the URL and xFiles forms a HTTP file transfer tunnel from your machine to theirs. It’s simple, as fast as your two connections will sustain, and works wherever your friends can download regular files from the greater web.”

http://xfiles.technihelp.net/

Dushare does pretty much the dame thing but allows you to chat while transferring files.

http://dushare.com/

Why oh why not set up a ftp server for a while?

Whappo’s site suggestion looks easy to use.
Here’s a link I found for some more:
http://www.masternewmedia.org/how_to_send_files_larger_than_1gb/
I’ve never use a service like this so no recomendation.
I recently did recieve a file from YouSendit but that cost the sender.
So a different way to do this.
I think YouSendit is called an upload service. These seem to have size limits.
@Whappo ,would your link as well as some of the ones in the link I posted be called
P2P ?

[QUOTE=cholla;2546037]
@Whappo ,would your link as well as some of the ones in the link I posted be called
P2P ?[/QUOTE]

Yes. XFiles and Dushare are p2p. I haven’t checked your link yet.

Cholla, a couple of the ones from your link are p2p, like Pipebytes and Fileai, the rest seem to be file hosting sites. :cool:

[QUOTE=RichMan;2546010]If you send that email to someone not on your network, they will not be able to open the link since they do not have a connection to your PC.

RM[/QUOTE]Thank You, " i live and learn". Im still looking for something that doesnt take hours to send.:bow:

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2546087]Thank You, " i live and learn". Im still looking for something that doesnt take hours to send.:bow:[/QUOTE]

You’ve already been given the fastest options. You can use p2p or setup an ftp server on your pc for client-server. The first option is easy to use requiring no setup from you, the second requires that you download and install software, such as Filezilla, which you then must configure. Both transfer files as fast as the connection between two computers. So do you want to spend a day or two learning how to setup FTP or just go to XFiles or Dushare and let them do all the work?

I haven’t done FTP or p2p . I’ve only downloaded a couple of times from services like RapidShare. Once from a paid service. So my experience is very limited in this.
If deezalboy only has a file or two to send occasionally if it was me I would definitely use XFiles or Dushare as Whappo suggests.
Only if I was going to do this on a continual basis would I set up a FTP.
That’s my thoughts on it.
As I posted most e-mail has a limit of 25MB max. A dial-up I used to have only allowed 10MB .
Even if you had an e-mail account that allowed a full DVD size attachment to be sent or received ; the person receiving or sending that type attachment to you would need the same kind of e-mail account. So for the present e-mail is not a viable method.