Selling my laptop - how much is it worth?

vbimport

It’s a crap brand - HiGrade (I believe it has Toshiba components). It has 15" 1280 by 800 screen, a 1.32GHz dual core, 3GB RAM, graphics card 128MB, 160GB HDD. Has all the usual things like 3x USB ports, SD card reader, wireless internet, DVD burner, etc. Will come with a clean install of Windows XP or & depending on their preference and Microsoft Office full suite.

I’m looking to upgrade and someone wants to buy it off me - I have NO idea what is a fair price. It may also be in brand new condition, as I’m sending it off to be fixed by my breakdown cover and I’m pretty sure the motherboard is cracked after a drop and the symptoms it’s presenting so I may be looking at a replacement.

How much am I looking at, both new condition and 2nd hand?

Thanks guys.

I would say it is worth $150-$200 USD in good condition. Maybe a little more since it has a good amount fo RAM and a fairly large hard drive.

Hi, thanks but notice that I had to pay an excess oif £100 - so it’s according to tye UK market as opposed to the US (if there is a difference), I should Google how much $150-$200 is I guess, doesn’t seem like much considering it was £599 when new 2 years ago.

Laptops tend to devaluate pretty fast. Within three years they are practically worth a third/quarter of their original value.

The only drawback i can find about your laptop is that it’s a weird brand. So i’d guess around 175 pound sterling tops.

Look it up on e-Bay?

[QUOTE=SG;2563624]Hi, thanks but notice that I had to pay an excess oif £100 - so it’s according to tye UK market as opposed to the US (if there is a difference), I should Google how much $150-$200 is I guess, doesn’t seem like much considering it was £599 when new 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I recently bought a used laptop for my niece and shopped for quite a while before buying so I have a good reference point to comment on pricing. You [B][I]might[/I][/B] get the price up to $225-$250 USD if you find the right buyer. As was mentioned, your biggest issue with getting the best price is the brand of the laptop. People will pay higher prices for well known builders like HP, Dell, Sony, Toshiba etc. Lesser known brands are assumed to be less quality and therefore a greater risk to the buyer. Also, getting an off-brand repaired might be impossible due to lack of, or cost of, replacement parts.