Selfmade copy-protection

vbimport

can somebody tell me, how can i made cd`s with a copy protection!

Originally posted by tko
can somebody tell me, how can i made cd`s with a copy protection!
The topic has been covered several times before … maybe you could use the search function first next time :stuck_out_tongue:

There are some progies out there that might do the job but the best i can think of is cd protector.

You can get it at the link below
http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_3.shtml

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/search.php

program is called PC guard.

thx
next time i use the search function

Yeah do that if you don’t want to get Tax angry :wink:

You can also try PC Guard as Huzzy suggested
You can get it here

Hemi, whats your opinion of PC Guard ?

experience ?

Originally posted by Huzzy
[B]Hemi, whats your opinion of PC Guard ?

experience ? [/B]
Sorry but i haven’t used it, i have only given a try with cd protector. That is why i only suggested this particular program. I can’t suggest software i haven’t used :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have used both maybe you can give me the pros and cons of each :wink:

in the same boat as you :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Huzzy
in the same boat as you :slight_smile:
:slight_smile:
well maybe someone else who’s used it will drop by and enlighten us :wink:

ill try one, you try the other ?

well, i do have cd protector, but i don’t have pc guard.

i will try to make a copy of my windows xp cd (not protected) with cd protector and then try to copy it with nero and see if it can be copied.

If you have pc guard, you can try to do the same with windows or any other not protected cd and see what happens …

If you have anything better to suggest i’m all ears here … !! :wink:

Sounds good.

Hows about create 1 x protected Windows XP CD

then test with clone 4 (latest v) and Nero (558x) ?

cheers

Ok… although i suppose that copying it with ccd should be easy :stuck_out_tongue:

I will be away for a couple of days though so be a little bit patient ok? :wink:

Or maybe i should try it right now … will see

ill be patient…im a little busy too :slight_smile:

Hi Huzzy :wink:

Sorry for the delay :stuck_out_tongue:

I am now trying to use cd protector with my winXP cd but i’m having some problems…

First, i am having some problems with nero (has on the fly and finalize cd preset and grayed out for some reason - must be because of the .8.2 update!!)

Second, i can’t understand how the god damned thing works - it seems to create a fantom audio track on the final cd that makes overburn difficult - but the help funcrion is kind of louzy so it will take a bit more till i figure this out … :mad:

Did you try pc guard afteral? Was it any good?

no probs, i havent had a chance to try it yet, but i did a little reading with it.

and yeah, its pretty involved also. pc guard wraps the application in a sort of package. or a wall.

the only way the application will work is by entering through the 1 door in this wall. but to get through the door you need to meet a few requirments. IE: trial time = less than set amount, number of trials, pc serial number = XXXXX and a range of other things.

all of these are customisable

theres more…once you have the application running you can then use pc guard to limit certain functions…now im not a programmer, and my basic understanding of compliling means this is almost not possible…but we’ll see…

soon as i get some more free time ill give it a go, and see what we can do about your probs…

cheers

Same here, there’s a louzy exam period coming on in a few days so free time is hard to find :wink:

I will try to make some time though :slight_smile:

if you are talking about making a cd so that no one can copy it again you are wasting youre time. even if i did know how i wouldnt tell you i would sell it to the major manufacturers for millions. as we all know the latest sony protection has already been cracked.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Originally posted by scousemouse
[B]if you are talking about making a cd so that no one can copy it again you are wasting youre time. even if i did know how i wouldnt tell you i would sell it to the major manufacturers for millions. as we all know the latest sony protection has already been cracked.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news [/B]
Sorry to break it to you but you are no bearer of bad news … :wink:

We are just trying to make back ups of cds that are not protected so that the average pc user won’t be able to copy it just by putting it into his drive and pressing the burn button on nero.

If you had read this thread more carefully you would have figured this out ! :rolleyes: