Seeking specific model numbers in US market that print directly on CD/DVD's

vbimport

I would hope to learn which models by which makers can print directly on CD or DVD with printable surface.

Epson has some, but in US I am not sure if others do, like HP or Canon or Lexmark or Brother or others.

Would you please help me to find out those non-epson ones in particular?

Thank you for helping

Canon is the best ones to get. I personally own an Canon MP610 and it rocks! Especially with the Taiyo Yuden DVD Watershields

Thank you for reply

Canon in UnitedState for sale? Or is that in Europe or Asia?

Thank you

Buy a US model if you want, then mod it to a european model to get the cd print to work.

Thank you for reply

I do not have the skills to modify that way so I wish to look for one that has it already modified.

There no current Canon models that can print discs in the USA. Epson is really the only choice. Although HP does sell a couple models, the software is FUBAR.

Most popular current model might be the Epson Artisan 50.

[QUOTE=CDan;2451483]Most popular current model might be the Epson Artisan 50.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reply

Artisan 50 is replacement for Photo R280, is that correct? Same using of cartridge numbers (77 or 78)?

Thank you

[QUOTE=SubZero;2451650]Thank you for reply

Artisan 50 is replacement for Photo R280, is that correct? Same using of cartridge numbers (77 or 78)?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right.

[QUOTE=SubZero;2451650]Thank you for reply

Thank you[/QUOTE]
Yes, the 50 uses the 77 + 78 Claria ink carts and is Epson’s R280 replacement.

Thank you for replies

I have a HP D5345 and that prints to DVD. Maybe someone know if this printer prints to Watershield DVDs??

Thank you for reply

I think direct print to CD and DVD is for any printable surface.