Securom new

sorry to start yet another thread on this topic!

can someone tell me how i can tell wether a game has the new version of securom as i currently use clony which is getting old and although sometimes recognises a game as being protected by securom new, i don’t know which version it means as clony is itself old. for example it only rates securom new as 6 skulls, whereas from what i have read it is impossible to make a 1:1 copy and the only way is to use daemon tools.

i have purchased Frontline Attack: War over Europe recently and when i went to create my backup, it came up as securom new using clony, but i tried copying it anyway and when i tried starting the game it read the disk but then gave up, as i read that another member had found.
is it protected by securom v4?

how can i find out the exact version of securom??

ps. just out of interest, another member of cdfreaks found that registry files had been installed onto his computer when he installed Emperor: Rise Of The Middle Kingdom (securom v4), but what would happen if he used a registry editor to disable the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SecuROM\Keys\EC7D079C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SecuROM\Keys\F3BCE8BB
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SecuROM\Keys\290D64AA
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SecuROM\Keys\6A556A7B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SecuROM\Keys\ADD170EC
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SecuROM\Keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sierra\CDKeys

Originally posted by Hornster
[B]i have purchased Frontline Attack: War over Europe recently and when i went to create my backup, it came up as securom new using clony, but i tried copying it anyway and when i tried starting the game it read the disk but then gave up, as i read that another member had found.
is it protected by securom v4?

how can i find out the exact version of securom??
[/B]

Yes, see here.

The keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SecuROM\Keys seem to get regenerated on the fly.

g

Mayby this is something for a new threat but this is what i have
noticed

When i put Hitman 2 cd in my Aopen and do a media info with Nero it reads

Track 01: 0:02:00 60:52:31 (536MB), ISO 9660 (Mode1)

BUT: When read in my Plex40x it reads

Track 01: 0:02:00 97:22:49 (856MB), ISO 9660 (Mode1)

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i have scanned executable file for frontline attack in its route directory and its securom version 4.77.00.0002. according to other posts, this is copyable.
is it possible to copy them using my liteon ltr32123s? i also have a toshiba dvd/cdrw combo (sd-r1002) if this is any help, as i heard dvd drives are good subchannel readers.
could somebody also tell me what settings on clone cd are recommended. i am currently using the following:

to create image: (liteon)
read speed: max (data and audio)
read subchannel (data and audio)
regenerate data sectors
audio extraction quality: medium (fast)
fast error skip
(not using intelligent bad sector scanner as i heard it can cause problems)

to burn image: (liteon)
(in raw-dao mode, with buffer underrun, not performing laser power calibration)
write speed: max
repairing subchannel data enabled

ps. i tried using the hex viewer that was recommended but i couldn’t understand it!

Originally posted by Hornster
i have scanned executable file for frontline attack in its route directory and its securom version 4.77.00.0002. according to other posts, this is copyable.

No that’s not right. I’m afraid it’s about version 4.82.x or thereabouts and not copiable.:frowning:

can you tell me what you used to scan it then because i used ‘Prot_Version.exe’ and scanned both the installed executable as well as the cd itself more than once and still it cam up with version 4.77.00.0002!

are there any other scanners that are recommended then (other than hex viewer)

I don’t have this game and was going from posts elsewhere. If the version number you posted is correct, it might be possible to copy it, though there isn’t any certainty.

Try alcohol 120% with standard securom new settings but read with say the Toshi combo at 4x and write either with that or your Litey at 4x or 8x. Before burning the image, you can test it by mounting it on alcohol’s virtual drive to see whether it will run without emulation. If so, then you’ve got a good image suitable for burning.

(Remember too that if you’re trying to run the back-up from a writer, you’ll need to enable clnecd’s hide cd media or alcohol’s equivalent utility before doing so.)

Securom New isn’t impossible to make a 1:1 copy, I sucessfully copied Hitman2 with my LG 8320B.