SecuROM *new* game does not work after backing up

vbimport

Hi,
I Just downloaded CloneCD 4.0.0.1 and Clony XXL 2.0.0.6. I have a Half-Life Blue Shift game, which runs perfectly on my system (Windows XP). I tried to identify the protection with Clony, it reported as "SecuROM new", and created a profile to be used by CloneCD. I Tried copying the CD to a CD_RW disk, (My CD Drive is Yamaha CDRW8424S). The Copied CD actually shows all the contents (It even Autoruns), but the game doesn't work. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?.

Thanks
Rajesh

Originally posted by tsrajesh
[B]Hi,
I Just downloaded CloneCD 4.0.0.1 and Clony XXL 2.0.0.6. I have a Half-Life Blue Shift game, which runs perfectly on my system (Windows XP). I tried to identify the protection with Clony, it reported as “SecuROM new”, and created a profile to be used by CloneCD. I Tried copying the CD to a CD_RW disk, (My CD Drive is Yamaha CDRW8424S). The Copied CD actually shows all the contents (It even Autoruns), but the game doesn’t work. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?.

Thanks
Rajesh [/B]

SecuROM new checks ATIP. Make sure you have “Hide CDR Media” enabled in CloneCD Tray.

Your writer doesn’t support RAW-DAO. It’s impossible to copy a securom new game with that writer, since you can’t copy the sub channels the protection is based on.

For whatever reason this page

http://elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/writers/y.html

is down ATM, so I can’t check for DAO +16 on the data sub read and the RAW-DAO +16 needed for the write. Perhaps you have access to this page. alexnoe, if he/she checked, (no offence) or knows this, then they are quite correct.

I had a Yamaha 8424E on my own, and it definetly could not write RAW-DAO.
The 8424S didn’t either.

>http://elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/writers/y.html

Olli told that he is not able to maintain this site. The problem is that he had to check every writer with every new firmware to see if there’s a problem with some or all week sectors.

Maybe he shut it down already. So we might have only our memory to take these “efm-information” from .

…all the other pages work…substitute y.html with p.html for example…but…wait…went to get a screen shot for you of the ASUS 40x (hehe) and none of the supported writers pages work…??! I have emailed them about it :eek:

Originally posted by FutureProof
went to get a screen shot for you of the ASUS 40x (hehe) and none of the supported writers pages work
Works fine here. Let me help you:

Thank you indeed!