Securom emulation and CloneCD

The new CloneCD introduced SD2 and “Digital Signatures in Subchannel Data” emulation.
I already tested SD2 emulation who works perfectly when Hide CD-R is ON, but I was wondering how does the “Digital Signatures in Subchannel Data” emulation work ?
There’s no setting in the program interface dealing with securom emulation, so does it mean that just put your securom (before 4.77) cd in the drive, make the image, burn it and voila, it’s working (without reading subs).
Did anybody make some tests ?
I would like to hear from your experience…

Anyone ?
Not even from the elby team ?
Sorry, I did not have enough time to make my own experiments.
Is it just working in the clonedrive or not ?

Originally posted by Olli
[B]As physical layout isn’t emulated yet by HideCDR, SecuROM “SuperNew”, ProtectCD5 and StarForce won’t work yet.

I have saved the fun for a future (maybe the next?) release.

Cheers,

Olli [/B]

Hi GF,

You get me wrong, I’m not talking about this one (Securom > 4.77) but about good old Securom.
The changelog states “Digital Signatures in Subchannel Data emulation” which I assume is dealing with “old” securom (not the supernew), so I was wondering, how does this function work ?
For the SD2 emulation all is clear (choose emulate in burning options and hide cd-r in CCDTray) but there’s no info about this new “Digital Signatures in Subchannel Data support”.

Then let me add another quote from Olli:

Olli: What happens is, that emulation information is stored on the CD, and Hide CDR can recover the original contents and behaviour “on the fly”. This is already done for LaserLock2, SD2, SecuROM, SecuROM (medium)new and ProtectCD. Others to follow.
So this sounds to me like it works in the same way…

Originally posted by gowap
The new CloneCD introduced SD2 and “Digital Signatures in Subchannel Data” emulation.
I already tested SD2 emulation who works perfectly when Hide CD-R is ON, but I was wondering how does the “Digital Signatures in Subchannel Data” emulation work ?
There’s no setting in the program interface dealing with securom emulation, so does it mean that just put your securom (before 4.77) cd in the drive, make the image, burn it and voila, it’s working (without reading subs).
Did anybody make some tests ?
I would like to hear from your experience…

Sorry for late reply…

If HideCDR is on, an emulation of Subchannel copy protection is activated. It should work with original discs as well as with backups made with any burner, CD copy program or Write setting in CloneCD. Yes, even copies created in SAO (Cooked) mode should work. (Haven’t tried it. SAO Cooked won’t work with LaserLock2, but SAO-RAW should)
It is a generic emulation, there is no need to write something special to the disc. Cool, eh?

In a future release, the “Emulate” and “HideCDR” options can be separately switched on/off, just in case the generic emulation fails for some reason.

Note: This is for Subchannelish checks only (SecuRom, SecuROM “NEW”, ProtectCD, LaserLock2), not for timing based protections (SecuROM “Super” New, StarForce, ProtectCD5)

Very BIG thanks for this nice answer.
:bow: