Securom and ufo:aftermath

I created an image of the “play” disk with CLONE CD, and then ammended the .bwa info with TwinPeaks.

I burned the image with alcohol 120 trial version called “patched” - although there were a couple of choices that alcohol game me - I could have burned “patched” or “patched.ccd” also in same directory was file called “image” and “image.ccd” as well as files .cue and .sub as file extensions type files.

When attempting to write, i got a warning that said TOC size doesn’t match (longer?) than something else ?- and I was presented 3 options. I choose recommended option, and disk is subsequently burned.

Unfortunately, upon system shut down and restart, double clicking on UFO shortcut causes the CD to spin up, but the game will not load.

I’m using: winXP and latest version of Clone CD, twin peaks, and alcohol. I also have blind write- but the .bwa file I used was a download from another web site.

P4 2.0gigahertz, 1 gig ram, ati 9000 video, 30 gig hard drive, toshiba DVD - ROM drive SD-M1612 - burner is :

HL-DT-ST GCE 8400B CDRW drive.

I tried 2 different types of CD-R media - one well known name brand the other obscure generic or asian imported brand.

Thank you,
Sincerely,
RL

p.s. also tried straight ver. 5 blindsuite software, but it returned an error - NO TOC support.

Version 4.57.1 I tried DAO PW and PQ and also SAO cooked and raw. 4 coasters produced.

Finally: I’m running both alcohol and clone CD in system tray - one of the programs I requested to make a “virtual CD drive” but still no luck.

Have you stepped thru this?

Image created to hard disk with CLONE CD (used “standard game” not “protected PC game”)

ammended with twinpeaks 2.0 the .bwa file to the file called “IMAGE”

Started Clone CD again, and selected “standard game” opened file to “patched”

Inserted blank CD-R, drive is now been spinnng for 90 minutes with only 4 % completed - it moved fast from 1-3% and has been “stuck” at 4% for about 90 minutes.

The hard drive light shows activity, and the burner drive is “spinning” -

Is the final patched image supposed to take this long to burn with CLONE CD?

Thank you
RL

Hard drive light is steady “ON”

burner is spining = but doesn’t sound like it’s actually tyring to do anything.

BUFFER: says 100 percent
SUB: says 100 percent

percent of image created 4 percent

Write speed: zero

Time to completion: unknown

Timer is still counting up : over 90 minutes now, but the timer is still working -

Originally posted by remoteluxury
[B]Hard drive light is steady “ON”

burner is spining = but doesn’t sound like it’s actually tyring to do anything.

BUFFER: says 100 percent
SUB: says 100 percent

percent of image created 4 percent

Write speed: zero

Time to completion: unknown

Timer is still counting up : over 90 minutes now, but the timer is still working - [/B]

someone else is having this problem with clonecd…his stops at 3 percent.

It’s now over 2 hours, and nothing as changed since my last post -

Steady Hard drive light, spinning burner drive motor, shot clock still counting up, zero for read spread and time to completion: unknown
Buffer and Subs say : 100 percent

the flashmedia picture of the CD platter being “penciled” is still operating -

Maybe I need a different burner?

I tried Alcohol 120 trial version last night with only coasters being produced.

Maybe someone could help me navigate to the thread of the other person you mention who was having trouble with his disk stopping at 3 percent —

thank you
sincerely,
RL

The exact error was:

Writing to CD failed- unit attention:

Power On, Rest or Bus Device Reset occured.

6:0X29:0X00

This was the first error I ever got with a Ricoh MP7163A. It’s a buffer underrun and can be fixed in a number of ways:

quality media
fast disk with correct cabling
enabling DMA
removing general instability from the system - defrag, known rogue .VXDs and DLLs

Currently Defraging my 4ms avg. seek SCSI hard drive.

I can’t seem to find the “enable” DMA in winXP professional – I know it was fairly easy to do in the previous version of windows that I had – no where to be found - have searched hardward profiles, “troubleshooter” and device manager to no avail – if it’s right in front of my face, I don’t seem to see it.

Any idea where the “enable/disable” switch is in WinXP? Is it a “BIOS level” switch?

Updated ASPI driver for adaptec SCSI card to WinXP standard. Will this ASPI driver be good enough? Or should I d/load one of the other ASPI files? I’ve seen a lot of them around on various DVD decrypting and Software recording and backup type websites. Although come to think of it, maybe I don’t understand ASPI correctly – do I need ASPI driver for optical drives using IDE/ATAPI as well? I am unsure of how the ASPI applies to drives and mobo’s other than facilitating the conversation between the two pieces of hardware.

(oh - the optical rewriteable disk is IDE/ATAPI) and is using correct cable and interfaced to secondary IDE chanel on MOBO. Cable is a plain vanilla IDE ribbon cable with two connectors. The dvd rom drive and CDRW drive run off of this cable/interface.

Will give her another whirl and let you know how it turns out.

Hey - and thanks for your kind help and assistance in “stearing” me in the right direction - - I REALLY appreciate it -
Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thank you and sincerely,
RL

Yeah, ran the same procedure again:

image created to hard drive with CLONE CD - using “game CD mode”

file ammended with TwinPeaks 2.0 with .bwa file for Ufo: aftermath.

image burn attempt with Clone CD using “game CD mode” and 1X (1st attempt) and 2X (2nd attempt) write speeds.

CD burner spins up, and writes to 4 percent. And then complete system lock up -

Selecting cancel on CLONE CD brings up menu which says: This media might be unstable - are you sure you want to cancel?"

Click YES cancel - but drive continues to spin with steady hard drive light on.

Using winXP shut down, unable to get system to “shutdown” – Using “taskmanager” to shut off CloneCD no effect.

Finally have to “pull the plug” and cut the current to the PC in order to get control of my PC back into my hands.

–I know the alchohol 120 didn’t work either -

Can anyone point me to another burning program that can read .CCD files? (or another program that can allow ammending of .BWA file to image file- and then burn copy of image to CD?)

Thank you for your kind help,
Sincerely,
RL