SecuROM Analysis Utilities from SecuROM

vbimport

Well as promised I've received 2 utilities from Infogrames for SecuROM analysis that you would in turn forward to Infogrames, which they may then forward to SecuROM or use for some nefarious purpose. It's interesting that the CD in question isn't requested or required. Instead it outputs a file with many numbers and letters. I presume this is just scanning your system like an MSinfo type program or some such....b/c at no time did my CDRW or DVD drive get accessed. If FutureProof or someone else would know where I could send these out to be mirrored for others to play around with and figure out just what info these files collect. Post it here.

The application is labeled:

"SecuROM Analysis 2.1" in the dialog box that pops up after it generates all it's info. (In the root directory of the drive)

Originally posted by Cyn
If FutureProof or someone else would know where I could send these out to be mirrored for others to play around with and figure out just what info these files collect. Post it here.
Excellent! Mail to helpdesk@cdfreaks.com attn: GF (I think GF’s mail is gamefreak@cdfreaks.com or gam3fr3ak@cdfreaks.com – not sure…I’m currently in a vanilla WinXP installation and don’t want to open Outlook Express ;))

Files sent to GameFreak (gamefreak@cdfreaks.com).

Found it by searching for it under news in the CDFreaks site.
Hopefully he can receive Hotmail.