Securom 7, now ineffective! Message for Moderators

vbimport

I have been frequenting this site for sometime now, and to be frank moderators I am very sick of your “do gooder” approach, by all means enforce the rules of the forum but let it be known, you TOO need moderating as your upholding of the rules are turning into a crusade against piracy.

For your information, very relevant …You will get fewer and fewer people on here asking for help with their pirated versions of Securom 7 software now as it has actually been cracked and is now deemed ineffective. Bear this in mind when you continue to judge someone without any concrete proof they are trying to get a Warez copy going rather than seeking legitamte help, this very forum is in the grey area as such, so just be a bit more tactful and patient with people in the future, and your find the “warez nOObs” will no longer bother coming here.

Very good site, very informative …but please lay off the ethics and moral debates, whilst your busy sitting here judging people without concrete proof nor evidence our leaders are already discussing action which will lead to the “accidental death” of hundreds of innocent people in the name of Collatoral Damage, …you sit back and pay taxes to these regimes yet I would not judge you for it first hand would I.
That goes for everybody, me included.

Keep up the good work, and if you really want to get somewhere, have a name and shame column with people who are blatantly after Warez tips so people can make their own judgements on the matter, and this will detere them from even asking if the questions are slightly wayward in the future.

Keep up the good work peeps!
Im off to play my LEGIT copy of Brothers in Arms for awhile.

Peace,

• D -

EDIT: I would include links detailing this proof of Securom 7s demise, but I would probably get judged , banned or branded a pirate.

How can the site ever be if it condones piracy? And what’s your point? I would even say that it’s the reverse of that do goody good attitude that really hits on my nerves on CDFreaks.

It wasn’t a dig , but you have to get the right balance between witch hunts on a whim and facts that break the rules. Very thin line, but personal views seem to come into it too often, I see this all over the web …its not just on here.

I think CDFreaks is the best there can be for a mainstream site that talks about piracy and do not incourages it, if it ever would the authorities would just shut it down. And again I find there is way too much piracy zealotism authority here, maybe the admins just cannot be blunt about it.

If you are using a crack to play your copy of Brothers in arms it is not a legal solution.
The reason people come down so hard on people discussing Warez copies/cracks etc… is because CD Freaks is trying to avoid the legal problems they would recieve as a result.

You will get fewer and fewer people on here asking for help with their pirated versions of Securom 7 software now as it has actually been cracked and is now deemed ineffective.

All protections are cracked eventually but I’m not aware of any securom 7 protected game for which a crack is generally available. Certainly there isn’t one available at the best known of all crack sites for Championship Manager 5 which is the game that resulted in the most posts for warez assistance.

You refer to Brothers in Arms but AFAIK that game is protected with safedisc 4 not with securom 7.

Bear this in mind when you continue to judge someone without any concrete proof they are trying to get a Warez copy going rather than seeking legitamte help

Actually we give the benefit of the doubt in almost all cases but there has to be a doubt. If you look carefully at the threads in which members have been criticized or warned you’ll find in every case that the member has either-

[ol]
[li]Stated that s/he downloaded the game.
[/li][li]Stated/admitted that s/he doesn’t own the original cd.
[/li][/ol]

Keep up the good work, and if you really want to get somewhere, have a name and shame column with people who are blatantly after Warez tips so people can make their own judgements on the matter, and this will detere them from even asking if the questions are slightly wayward in the future.

Nope. We just ban them if they persist after being warned. :wink:

Constantine and Championship Manager 5 have been cracked now using the traditional methods, do you want proof?

See, I am just bitter about that knowing that my legit copy of Championship Manager 5 which I could not get working , aswell as Act of War … don’t work , yet the warezors are playing the game whilst laughing at me lol

Nevermind …I got a legal copy and product key so I got nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I know BiA is isnt Securom 7, why do you think im able to play it LOL

Keep up the good work folks!

I really am confused.
Why are you telling the moderators here that SecuROM 7 has been cracked? It doesnt make any different to if its legal, and so it wont change the rules on discussing warez here.

Ben :slight_smile: