SecuROM 5.xx is really LAME protection

vbimport

It is so easily defeated, why is it so popular?

that is not true there…
the reason is that everyone can back it up is by using emulation and only one cd burner ,that means this protection is NOT totaly defeated…
also it is not lame…because it has blacklisted programs so many times…and not one burner except plex premium can make a perfect, close to 1:1 copy of securom 4.85+…
and you haven`t read all the post,have you…
that is why no one replied except me…

Ps: moderators and administrators can correct me if i`m wrong…

I agree it is completely lame, but you’ve smoked your breakfast if you think it’s “easily defeated.”

And really, the last thing we want to do is taunt the people who make copy protections… one day they might open up a can of whoop@ss.

Yes, I have been thinking that it is lame. All the hype and fear of it and it is still easy for us to make working backups.

Originally posted by t111645
and not one burner except plex premium can make a perfect, close to 1:1 copy of securom 4.85+…

No backup can be a 1:1, or perfect copy, and who cares if it works?

I have backed up Deus Ex 2 and Counterstrike : Condition Zero with a LiteON 52327S and all I need is an ATIP hider.

I guess it really comes down to if YOU can make a working backup, then the protection is not the best.

Whoa there boys!!!

I never said 1:1 copies, I said that SecuROM could be defeated easily.

If you think that any disc copy program makes 1:1 copies (of the major copy protection such as SD SecuROM etc), then you’ve got a lot to learn.

I might make the exception the Plextor Premium backing up SecuROM up to ver 4.85.

Plextor still can’t make a 1:1. If it was a 1:1, there would be no ATIP. Plextor just is the closest to get it right.

I think the terms “Perfect Copy” and “1:1” are misused widely.

ATIP is caracteristic from a CD-R, so for me, a Premium makes a 1:1 backup. Remember that i say only ATIP, not many other things contained into the “ATIP hiders”.

If u try to launch from a CD reader, then it will work without ATIP camoufled, so backup is really 1:1.

If u could burn into a silver disc, then copy will be totally 1:1.

Good luck!

Just wondering :

If you put a Plextor Premium backup into a drive and read it with BWA builder, does it produce the same results as the original?

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
[B]Just wondering :

If you put a Plextor Premium backup into a drive and read it with BWA builder, does it produce the same results as the original? [/B]
Same results, well not exactly. In some cases you will get a very good BWA from the backup, with some others the BWA you get may need some tweaking.
See this thread for more on this.

Thanks. But this isn’t the case for SecuROM new and the twinpeaks method. When I read a twinpeaked copy in BWA builder the reading went everywhere.