Securom 5 writing by bw4.5.7 or 5.1.1?

I don’t understand if i can create and write a working copy of securom 5 cd protected with bw4.57 using plex premium.

I think it’s only a autoplay blacklist problem …so i can disable it.

Please give more details.

I don’t know if it’s necessary to buy BW latest version.

u are right but,
plex premium can only backup securom 4.8+
and securom 5 has not been found how to backup yet…

Don’t know exactly why, but 4.25 (nibble, no autoplay support, BWA made with Builder from 4.57 (Tosh 1712), ‘cleaned’ with Builder 5.0) still does the job for me. Tested with Legacy of Kain - Defiance (Sec. 5.00.03.0006), CCD-Tray(4.2.0.2) activated (I use 4x Philips CDRW).

Windows XP Home SP1
LiteOn 24102B FW 5S54
Toshiba 1712 FW 1004
BW 4.25+5.11 co-existing (nothing ‘removed’ or ‘disabled’ except autoplay-support when writing with 4.25)

Having Plex Premium fw/1.05 and BW 4.5.7 Securom 5 is not a trouble.

Having Plex Premium fw/1.05 and BW 4.5.7 Securom 5 is not a trouble.

same for me… works great… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
:bow: Plextor rulez :bow:
Raz

yes, some say it works but some dont. we dont know exactly.
if it works for you then your lucky.

Not really i’ve had no trouble with my plextor premium and securom 5.* so far.

What games are securom 5? I would like to try twinpeaks with my litey

look for your self.
maybe latest patch warcraft 3 the frozen throne??

Originally posted by kamikazee
Not really i’ve had no trouble with my plextor premium and securom 5.* so far.

i dont know, because i havent heard any good ways to backup yet.

Viet Cong “Fist Alpha” is SecuRom 5.00…03.0008 as seen here:

They really messed this one up tho big time, the original Fist Alpha Disc #1 is not required to play the game, So I used my back-up to install, and it installed fine. To play this one you use the Original VietCong Disk #1, start the game up go into the options menu and then the custom game menu, you hilight Fist Alpha and then activate and game begins, Fist Alpha Disk not required to play the expansion at all. Go figure. And yes I did back up the original Disk #1 from the main game and used it to play.

I need to understand if it’s possible or not…there is a lot of confusion now :frowning:
I think that the author’s thinking is necessary to solve any question…

Yes, it’s possible, take it easy. I think confusion is created because of some Premiums can burn Safedisc 2.9x and most can’t. But afaik every Premium with fw/1.05 and BlinWrite 4.5.7 is able to make a working copy of Securom 5.x

every Premium with fw/1.05 and BlinWrite 4.5.7 is able to make a working copy of Securom 5.x

right… just don’t fear it only because it has a 5 in front of the dot… :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :iagree:
'til now i could not see any difference btw securom 4.x and 5.x - only the boot up / start time of the new securom is much more faster (at least for me) - and because i don’t have any emulation software running or any v-drives active i have nothing to do with blacklist problems… :slight_smile:
Raz

Oh, yes! I forgot it! Thanx, Razor!!!

I make my copies in a special partition of the hard disk: “The copy jungle” :p. And I only play my games in another one without any copy programs installed. It surely avoids the blacklisting :wink:

It’s a very important point, to know certainly that you don’t have any software blacklisted, in order to run your copies perfectly.

Just sucessfully back up Vietcong First Alpha protected by Securom v5.00.03 with my Litey 48125w and Blindwrite v4.5.7. I was surprise the Lite On can achieve what Plextor Premium can do.:cool:

good,good…
maybe now i got proof.
i shall try that too

Since everyone is saying the Plextor Premium is so good, I was thinking of selling my Lite-On 52x32x52 for Plex Prem with the same speeds. Should I do it, just for the ability to make better backups?

don`t know.
maybe you should keep it,
you never know if there is going to be a better one the plex premium.

Something weird. After I reformat my HDD. Re-installed Vietcong and First Alpha. The last one no longer work except Vietcong. I’ve used the same Litey 48125W FW VS0D. It only work once before I reformat my PC. Is there any program out there can beat this protection yet?