Securom 5.03.04 - help tearing my hair out!

vbimport

I have a language software disc protected with Securom 5.03.04. At first I tried various methods to copy this CD, however whatever I tried the resulting burnt copy CD would not work. When inserted it complained that it was a copy with a Securom message. I then followed the tutorial to make a backup of this disc using CloneCD, Twin Peak and BWAbuilder. With this I had the problem that I was unable to get a smooth curve output in BWAbuilder. As a result I had to resort to creating an mds file created in alcohol and using that to make a bwa file. The good thing is this method worked and I was able to patch the files in Twin Peak and successfully burn a copy disc that is fully functional.

My only problem is that no matter what I try I am unable to properly rip a fully functional image from the copied backup disc. If using imgburn I am able to rip an image and no errors are reported, however when I try and mount in cdwincdemu I get the message that the cd is a copy and a note about securom. I think the image must have been created correctly, as when I try and do this with the original commercial disc I am not even able to successfully create an image at all. I thought that as the cd I am ripping from is a patched backup CD this Securom crap would be gone, otherwise the backup cd would not work? Next I tried ripping with Daemon Tools lite and get the same message. The ripped image will run in Alcohol and Daemon tools, however I am unable to get it working in wincdemu. I want to use Wincdemu as this is a program I use with a very small footprint for my laptop, and besides if I have to use advanced emulation such as Alcohol etc it signals I have not managed to make a successful rip without Securom. So my question is how do I make a 1:1 image rip (preferably iso) of my already patched backup CD that will play in any Emulator without creating from scratch again with Twin Peak, BWAbuilder etc?

[QUOTE=marada;2543967]My only problem is that no matter what I try I am unable to properly rip a fully functional image from the copied backup disc. If using imgburn I am able to rip an image and no errors are reported, however when I try and mount in cdwincdemu I get the message that the cd is a copy and a note about securom. I think the image must have been created correctly, as when I try and do this with the original commercial disc I am not even able to successfully create an image at all. I thought that as the cd I am ripping from is a patched backup CD this Securom crap would be gone, otherwise the backup cd would not work? Next I tried ripping with Daemon Tools lite and get the same message. The ripped image will run in Alcohol and Daemon tools, however I am unable to get it working in wincdemu. I want to use Wincdemu as this is a program I use with a very small footprint for my laptop, and besides if I have to use advanced emulation such as Alcohol etc it signals I have not managed to make a successful rip without Securom. So my question is how do I make a 1:1 image rip (preferably iso) of my already patched backup CD that will play in any Emulator without creating from scratch again with Twin Peak, BWAbuilder etc?[/QUOTE]
You can’t make a 1:1 image rip that will work (from the image) without emulation.

The twinpeak copying process does [B]not[/B] remove the securom copy protection. What it does is produce a burnt cd that mimics the peculiar (and non-standard) disc structure of a securom protected cd (which, in essence, is what emulation does with a mounted image).

Is there any way to completely remove the securom 5.03.04 copy protection altogether? If my copy CD is successfully mimicking the disc structure of securom protection and playing in any CD drive without emulation, why can’t I make a simple image from this CD that will play in any virtual cd drive emulator without having to resort to Alcohol or Daemon tools? Every other image I have runs fine in all CD emulators and does not specifically require Alcohol or Daemon tools.

[QUOTE=marada;2544102]Is there any way to completely remove the securom 5.03.04 copy protection altogether?[/QUOTE]
Not by any means that’s legal.

[QUOTE=marada;2544102]If my copy CD is successfully mimicking the disc structure of securom protection and playing in any CD drive without emulation, why can’t I make a simple image from this CD that will play in any virtual cd drive emulator without having to resort to Alcohol or Daemon tools? [/QUOTE]
Because the non-standard [B]physical[/B] disc structure of a securom protected cannot be imitated in a disc image in a manner that will defeat the guard module without emulation.

Would it be accurate to say that this is because we mortals are limited to CD/DVD burners, whereas SecuROM protected discs are made in a different physical process, with big expensive machines stamping them out?

[QUOTE=marada;2544102]If my copy CD is successfully mimicking the disc structure of securom protection and playing in any CD drive without emulation, why can’t I make a simple image from this CD that will play in any virtual cd drive emulator without having to resort to Alcohol or Daemon tools?[/QUOTE]To meet the CD standard there have to be single consecutive sectors.
So an image of a twinpeak copy doesn’t hold the twinsectors, and it won’t run in Alcohol’s/DAEMON Tools’ virtual drive as well.

http://club.myce.com/f81/clonecd-copying-securom-4-8x-protected-games-78259/

Q. If my original cd is damaged, lost or destroyed, can I make a further back-up copy from my twinpeak copy.

A. If you kept your original bwa file and you were able to install the game using the twinpeak copy from any of your drives, yes. Just make an image of the twinpeak copy with the drive you used to install the game, patch with twinpeak using your bwa file and burn the patched image. If you elected to make a separate non-twinpeak copy of the play cd for installation purposes, it’s even easier to use that copy to make a further working back-up copy as those readers that would be unable to make an image of the twinpeak copy will have no difficulty reading the installation copy.

“To meet the CD standard there have to be [I]single[/I] consecutive sectors.So an image of a twinpeak copy doesn’t hold the twinsectors, and it won’t run in Alcohol’s/DAEMON Tools’ virtual drive as well”

I really don’t understand this as I am running the copy in Alcohol now without any problems, it’s just I can’t run it in other emulators? Also I am able to make a perfect physical CD copy, so why can’t I make an image that will run in any emulator? Alcohol has no problems so why do other emulators?

[QUOTE=marada;2544266]…I am running the copy in Alcohol now without any problems…[/QUOTE]Which one exactly are you talking about ?