Securom 4.8x problems

I made a copy of a Securom 4.8x game on my LiteOn 48126S drive by:

1. Getting a MDS file using Alcohol 120% of the play CD.
  2. Converting the MDS file to a BWA file using BWA Builder.
  3. Using twin peaks with a sector step of 15 and a max image size of 710MB and creating a patched CCD image.
  4. Using Alcohol 120% to burn the image onto a CD-RW disc. The first option was chosen (out of 3) when an error message came up (described in a walk through posted in a sticky here).

When I start up the game, the program starts but takes forever to recognise the copy. I have not been able to actually get in the game, because I CTRL-ALT-DEL the application after a few minutes. The CD drive, however, is reading throughout up until I terminate the application. More recently, the drive just spins up and then stops (I think the game recognises its a copy).

What have I done wrong? Should I try to make the MDS file at a higher speed (I did it at 1x). I read an article here which said that sometimes too slow can itself cause more errors than too fast.

Are you trying to play from the CD-RW drive or from another drive?

I am trying to play on the CD-RW drive, but I have CloneCD on in the background with “Hide CD-R media” activated.

To quote Philamber’s post regarding “Using Alcohol 120% to burn the image onto a CD-RW disc. The first option was chosen (out of 3) when an error message came up (described in a walk through posted in a sticky here).”:

Note: Before burning you’ll be warned that the image size doesn’t match the lead-out specified in the toc and you’ll be given three burning options. The first option is correct: “Keep TOC as on source cd, write until end of image file”.