Securom 4.8 and LG-GCE 8160B. Any successes?

vbimport

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck backing up Securom 4.8x games with an LG-GCE 8160B. I’ve had some inconsistent results. I managed to back up my copy of Unreal 2 using Alcohol 120 and twinpeak but my copy of Hitman 2 has cost me several coasters still without any luck.

I’ve tried using Alcohol (the latest version and last, following Philamber’s guide) also I have tried using Clone CD and the twinpeak method. I’ve tried several BWAs (the one from the sticky post and a couple of my own, one made from an MDS). The only method I haven’t tried yet is using Blindwrite but I have not had any success using this program in the past. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. If i can back up one game why not another?

The BWAs I have used seem fine from comparisons to other examples on the forums. I know that the twin peak method can be a little unpredictable but wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I have recently had to clean install Windows XP and patched it to service pack 1a. Could this be what is causing my problem? Or, is it my drive? It’s been very good for other protections, Safedisc etc.

I’m not hugely knowledgeable on the technical aspects of copying so if anyone has any advice I’d greatly appreciate it. Also could anyone explain what aspi drivers do and whether out of date aspi drivers could be causing my problem.

Thanks,
Jack