Securom 4.8+ again

I want to make a 1:1 copy of UT 2003. Is it now working? With which software? See which burner I have below.

I consider a 1:1 copy behaving exactly like the original, thus no long authentication of CD ROM on different drives.

geez

use the search option
the are many threads already about this subject

read first

Originally posted by mafiamafiamafia
[B]I want to make a 1:1 copy of UT 2003. Is it now working? With which software? See which burner I have below.

I consider a 1:1 copy behaving exactly like the original, thus no long authentication of CD ROM on different drives. [/B]

What you want is not possible. You can make a working copy of UT 2003 but not one that will behave exactly the same as the original. (E.g. your chances of successfully copying a copy are very low indeed.)

As for authentication times of copies, this largely depends on your hardware. Most of my securom copies authenticate with little or no extra time than that taken for the original but authentication time for copies varies widely from system to system.

Do I still need to use Twinpeaks? Or can I use just a burning program?

For disc 1, yes. But why not use the BWA Builder in Blindwrite? Does the same job, or you can download BWA file from futureproof in the other thread.

My BlindWrite expired…

Well you could register it. :rolleyes: However, the bwa builder will still work anyway so long as you have the patin-couffin layer on your system even if the trial period of blindwrite has expired. (In fact, it will work even if you’ve uninstalled the rest of the blindwrite program.)

You can use it with clonecd (or alcohol) and blackcheck’s twinpeak to make your back-up copies. Alternatively, you can download a bwa file from FutureProof’s sticky (if one has been posted for the relevant game).

which are the drives that cant make decent .bwa files?