SecuROM 4.8+(5.xxx) using BW5Tweaker, BlindWrite5, TwinPeak method or Plextor Premium

This is a short step by step guide how to use BlindWrite5 and BW5Tweaker (by R!Co :bow: ) to make a succesful backup of SecuROM 4.8+ (5.xxx) Games/Software using TwinPeak method or Plextor Premium “varirate” feature. I wrote a nice guide using screenshots for The CD Freaks Offline Help Release 1 (by $CyBeRwIz$) a while ago which has more details. I decided to write a short version, because I read some posts where members asked for a detailed description. So I hope this will be a little help for you :).

Start BW5Tweaker and change the Basic Settings to this:

• Include Autoplay info unchecked (autoplay will be included anyway, so leaving it checked is no problem)
  • Start Page Read checked
  • Max Read Speed 8x (you can change the speed for reading and writing, but using slow speed will end in a better result)
  • Write Speed CD 8x
  • Handle Read Error Ignore checked
  • Subcodes for data Always Extract checked
  • Subcodes for audio Always Extract checked

After this go to Topology settings and change them to this:

• Read Topology Never Extract checked
  • Topology Method Automatic checked (it’s already checked in default mode)
  • Write using TwinPeak checked (if you’re using a Plextor Premium check, Write with Plextor Premium)

The Advance Settings are not interesting for backing up SecuROM protected Games/Software so there is nothing to change.

That’s it, now you can save this profile so it won’t get lost, I called it SecuROM 4.8+. Click on Run BlindWrite, BlindWrite will start using the BW5Tweaker settings. Don’t change anything at the profile settings it’s Automatic by default. Start dumping your Image using your preferred reader. When reading is finished close BlindWrite and start BW5Tweaker again. Load your saved profile and check Start Page Write. Go to Topology settings and choose your BWA file which you created by yourself or you downloaded it (take a look at www.makeabackup.com, www.portmac.com or www.copybase.ch to get BWA files). After this click Run BlindWrite, insert a blank CD (you can’t use CDRWs using Plextor Premium “varirate” feature, but you can use CDRWs for TwinPeak method) and start writing. When it’s finished you should have a nice working backup (remember: TwinPeak method is Hardware dependent).

p.s. If something is missing, wrong or can be done better please write me a PM :).