Securom 0.7.3x.xxxx & SafeDisc 4.85

Hi there,

I have sifted through quite a few pages about how to make a working 1:1 backup of SecuROM 7.3x.xxxx (if it’s possible), but I haven’t been able to find anything concrete. I was reading somewhere that some Plextor DVD burners are capable of making 1:1 backups. If that’s true, what models are able to and what else do I need to know/use? I want to make backups of my Crysis & Crysis Warhead (SecuROM 7.36.0007 & 7.37.0014 respectively) as well as my Fallout 3 (SecuROM 7.38.0006).

Thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=Cyne;2204858]I was reading somewhere that some Plextor DVD burners are capable of making 1:1 backups. If that’s true, what models are able to and what else do I need to know/use?[/QUOTE]No, there is just the Plextor Premium CD burner which was able to burn (more or less) 1:1 copies of Securom CDs. Please have a look at this thread. In that thread there is also a link to a guide explaining how to burn a emulated RMPS copy to DVD (in case you don’t like to mount images to a virtual drive).

[QUOTE=Cyne;2204858]I want to make backups of my Crysis & Crysis Warhead (SecuROM 7.36.0007 & 7.37.0014 respectively)[/QUOTE]That SecuROM version 7.36.0007 of Crysis 1.2 is somehow special concerning blacklistings. It will only work in the virtual drives of DAEMON Tools 4.06, 4.12.3/4 or Alcohol 1.9.5.4521 in combination with the tool YASU.
Warhead on the other hand doesn’t run using those older versions - here it’s better to use current versions of DT’s or Alcohol’s virtual drives.
Both will also work as a burned RMPS copy.

[QUOTE=Cyne;2204858]… as well as my Fallout 3 (SecuROM 7.38.0006).
[/QUOTE]Here you can find the information, that the Setup.exe and Fallout3.exe (or Fallout3ng.exe) are unprotected.
Just use them instead of the FalloutLauncher.exe and your disc won’t be checked.

So, it’s impossible to make a 1:1 to backup huh? I never thought it would come down to the word impossible… shame.

[QUOTE=Cyne;2205425]So, it’s impossible to make a 1:1 to backup huh?[/QUOTE]Not 1:1, but still working backups.