Security researchers: 50% of ads on free live streaming websites are malicious

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Security researchers: 50% of ads on free live streaming websites are malicious[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/06/myce-malicious-streaming-95x75.gif[/newsimage]

Belgian and American researchers report that 50% of overlay advertisements on free live streaming sites are malicious. The researchers developed a tool that allowed them to identity live streaming sites. The sites were automatically visited and the data stream generated by these sites was analyzed.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/security-researchers-50-ads-free-live-streaming-websites-malicious-79701/](http://www.myce.com/news/security-researchers-50-ads-free-live-streaming-websites-malicious-79701/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

With all of the malicious crap on the net, does anyone out there know of a
"Video Store" that still rents disks and tapes?
Seems the more advanced our technology gets, the more we are abused by it.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2776294]We’ve just posted the following news: Security researchers: 50% of ads on free live streaming websites are malicious[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/06/myce-malicious-streaming-95x75.gif[/newsimage]

Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/security-researchers-50-ads-free-live-streaming-websites-malicious-79701/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.[/QUOTE]

This is why I use my PC hosts edits to block such sites.

That statistic is not too good, one out of two in fact, worse odds than for Russian roulette :eek:

No wonder there are many ways to protect yourself from ads out there :rolleyes:

… and still… NAA want FTC to investigate unlawful adblocking?
Hmm, better take that infection and smile even when you fork out money for cleaning repairs. After all, you would like to be a law-abiding citizen now don’t you

[QUOTE=Xercus;2776340]Hmm, better take that infection and smile even when you fork out money for cleaning repairs. After all, you would like to be a law-abiding citizen now don’t you [/QUOTE]
Your giving trade secrets…it’s job security for computer fix shops… :wink:

Discs, yes. Tapes, probably not, unless you’re into old Disney movies. I’m not sure where you are, but around here in SW Lower Michigan USA, we still have a Family Video store in town. All the newest (and older) DVDs you could ever want and even VHS tapes ( mostly in the Children’s Section) but also a few other types.

Redbox is always my go-to vendor for all the latest DVD movies. We have at least three Redbox vending machines in this small town and a dozen more within a short driving distance. Redbox is half the price of Family Video, their discs are always in pristine condition and you can return them to any Redbox machine. You can also see what’s available at each machine at any given time, reserve the movie and pay for it all online. I only go to Family Video if I absolutely have to for some reason.

[QUOTE=olddancer;2776305]With all of the malicious crap on the net, does anyone out there know of a
"Video Store" that still rents disks and tapes?
Seems the more advanced our technology gets, the more we are abused by it.[/QUOTE]
Not downunder, or at least not in my part of the country. A few years ago there were video rental stores in practically every shopping centre but the last surviving one in my area closed a few months ago. :sad: They just can’t compete with the numerous legal (and not so legal) streaming services now available.

I still remember them days where once a week we went to the video rentals store and picked out a tape to watch after the Sunday meal. Then again, there was not much to choose from on TV as most of Ireland had just two TV channels until the 1990s.

A few of the larger supermarkets have DVD/Blu-ray rental kiosks, but the selection is much smaller than the former rental shops. If I recall right, the nearest kiosk charges €3/day to rent a DVD or Blu-ray. Obviously being machine based, it’s trickier to deal with support issues such as scratched discs.

[QUOTE=Seán;2776596]I still remember them days where once a week we went to the video rentals store and picked out a tape to watch after the Sunday meal. Then again, there was not much to choose from on TV as most of Ireland had just two TV channels until the 1990s.
[/QUOTE]

We used to have the same routine here too Seán except it used to be either Friday or Saturday night for us.

In fact sometimes we watched stuff on Friday, left it back on Saturday morning, and got another one for Saturday night.

I used to spend ages reading the back of the boxes to find something I thought sounded good. It used to drive my girlfriend (who’s now my wife) completely nuts. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]