Security certificate errors

vbimport

Hi, does anyone have an idea if I’ve contracted something because every web sites I visited including this one is generating this message ( IE blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors.) I’m also getting this security certificate errors message using Opera browser too.

[QUOTE=prim8e;2715860]Hi, does anyone have an idea if I’ve contracted something because every web sites I visited including this one is generating this message ( IE blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors.) I’m also getting this security certificate errors message using Opera browser too.[/QUOTE]

So what site are you referring to? We need a link to know what the error is says or trying to convey??? Links help alot here…

any web site will generate this message including this one. Some web sites are the Washingtonpost newspaper web site, Newegg.ca,etc.

hi , I think my problem is solved. Turns out someone change my date on my computer. Once, I corrected the day and year, the error messages were gone. Thanks for the help

[QUOTE=prim8e;2715894]any web site will generate this message including this one. Some web sites are the Washingtonpost newspaper web site, Newegg.ca,etc.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=prim8e;2715899]hi , I think my problem is solved. Turns out someone change my date on my computer. Once, I corrected the day and year, the error messages were gone. Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

ok but you never showed a screen shot to give a better handle on it as well in the future you will need to give more details so other reading know exactly what kinda errors your talking about. No one else can really change your date/time only you the user or admin user can do that the only other reason date changes it your CMOS battery is failing causing the date/time to reset. You reply seems to indicate hardware failure and this will continue on if you don’t get this fix. Date/time doesn’t change unless the user themselves changes it or CMOS failure and if someone else is changing your date/time that shows you have bad computer security and anyone can use and possibly damage your computer compromising it’s security and hardware system. As mention only you can change it and if someone else is using the admin to make those changes you need to re-evaluate whom uses your computer and make password protection to prevent unauthorized users to use limited/standard user accounts to prevent them from change or uninstall or installing unauthorized program.

coolcolors, you 're right. My battery was dying, that’s why I had the wrong date and time on my task bar. In the future, I will submit better details so people know what I’m talking about. Any way, thanks for your help.