Secure rom 4.84.69.0071 clonyxxl question

my gta vice city has this protection… made a backup with clonecd 4.2.02 last night with a patched downloaded bwa via twinpeaks as well as a backup with blindwrite 4.25.21… now Clonnyxxl reported the install disk was secure rom protected by secure rom … bwa builder made a smooth graph and reported no physical data I was also able to make a perfect bwa of disk 2 (play) with bwa builder … I burned the install with the downloaded bwa as well as the play disk with ccd as stated above and the install failed … the non bwa \ twinpeak read \ write inststall disk I made with BW installed on 2 different machines perfectly … both play disks work with the installed game (ccd and BW version) so I am assuming trying to patch a bwa with twinpeaks on the non protected disk is the cause of that disks failure to install properly … now my real question … why does clonny report secure rom protection on the non protected install disk (on the copies too) and not on the playdisks that actually do have the protection ???

nope…the install disc has the .exe in which clonny will detect as SecuROM new and the version number…but the PLAY disc has the Physical Characteristics on it…

If you’ll look down a few threads you will find another vc thread that answers your question as far as protection, but as far as clony goes, you need to ask them…

I see thanks :slight_smile: