Secure online backup needed

Hello

I am searching for a solution that automatically takes incremental backups of my data, so that I stay assured of data stored at the secured data centres without having worry of loosing it.

I was thinking about online backup. Will that be reliable? Please suggest few good options.

If you’re willing to pay, there’re lots of solutions, just google for it.

does anyone have personal experience or know someone close who uses such a service?

Try ‘backupandShare.com’. It’s free :slight_smile:

Why would you want to use an online backup?

I only have an old-fashioned ordinary backup disk, and that’s still sufficient to me.

Why want to go and use some fancy online backup service, I don’t see the added value.

Maybe someone can explain? Sorry I’m being n00bish :o

Online backups are insecure the most.

[QUOTE=Logitacer;2290361]Why would you want to use an online backup?

I only have an old-fashioned ordinary backup disk, and that’s still sufficient to me.

Why want to go and use some fancy online backup service, I don’t see the added value.

Maybe someone can explain? Sorry I’m being n00bish :o[/QUOTE]

As the OP said :

I am searching for a solution that automatically takes incremental backups of my data, [U]so that I stay assured of data stored at the secured data centres without having worry of loosing it[/U].

It can make you feel better if you know your data is somewhere off premise and safe in case of a fire, or other Mother Nature event.
I have thought about it myself , but have not had time to really look into it.

[QUOTE=Ricky_O’Neil;2283545]Hello

I am searching for a solution that automatically takes incremental backups of my data, so that I stay assured of data stored at the secured data centres without having worry of loosing it.[/quote]

I like the tool DSyncrhonise which you can set to automatically real time synchronise a folder to another folder.
So, synchronise to a network disk or usb disk.

I was thinking about online backup. Will that be reliable? Please suggest few good options.
Well, you’ll never know what they do with your data and good systems cost money. Maybe more money than a 650gig usb2 harddisk or something.

Synchronizing and back-ups are fine and good for the possibility of a hard drive going out.

But to feel safe about the data,you will have to remember to take the usb drive or external drive or tape out and off premise each day.

The thought of just uploading to a server somewhere else is appealing to some people.

It can make a person feel that there data is safe , when in reality that place can have problems also, so to feel safe you might not want to think about that part.