Secondary IDE Channel Code 10

vbimport

Hello. I seem to have a very annoying problem now.

It first started when I installed my new lg gsa-h22n that I got from Factorydirect. Up until I did that my computer cd drives were alright. Afterwards I found that autorun wouldn’t work on the new drive. I didn’t think much of it until I burned a new data dvd and found that the speed was noticably slower then it should have been and that the dvd that I had just burnt wouldn’t be read by the drive (dvd+r if it matters). The wierd thing is that the drive previously was able to read other dvd+r media and dvd video media. And now I found that it could read no media, even though the Nero CD-DVD Speed program could pick up on it. When I had run that program I found that my burst rate was a measly 20MB/s.

So what I did was I uninstalled and then looked for the device driver with device manager which didn’t work. I found a link to the same driver online (not v1) and installed it to no significant effect. I tried to unplug the drives which didn’t work (I also have a CD-RW drive attached which is now giving me problems as well). Finally I read that uninstalling the Secondary IDE could help with both the drives so I did so.

Which led me to the problem I am at now where it recognizes the presence of the Secondary IDE Channel but it says in the Device Status

“This device cannot start. (Code 10)”

tl;dr

Secondary IDE Channel uninstalled, added, code 10 instead of shoddy CD-RW and lg gsa-h22n performance after I installed the lg drive yesterday.