Second Life affair ends in divorce * Story Highlights

vbimport

Now men cannot even have sex with make believe women without having his wife get a divorce

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/11/14/second.life.divorce/index.html

A British couple who married in a lavish Second Life wedding ceremony are to divorce after one of them had an alleged “affair” in the online world.
Amy Taylor, 28, said she had caught husband David Pollard, 40, having sex with an animated woman. The couple, who met in an Internet chatroom in 2003, are now separated.

“I went mad – I was so hurt. I just couldn’t believe what he’d done,” Taylor told the Western Morning News. “It may have started online, but it existed entirely in the real world and it hurts just as much now it is over.”

Second Life allows users to create alter egos known as “avatars” and interact with other players, forming relationships, holding down jobs and trading products and services for a virtual currency convertible into real life dollars. iReport.com: Share your stories from Second Life

Taylor said she had caught Pollard’s avatar having sex with a virtual prostitute: “I looked at the computer screen and could see his character having sex with a female character. It’s cheating as far as I’m concerned.”

[QUOTE=samlar;2157572]Now men cannot even have sex with make believe women without having his wife get a divorce

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/11/14/second.life.divorce/index.html

A British couple who married in a lavish Second Life wedding ceremony are to divorce after one of them had an alleged “affair” in the online world.
Amy Taylor, 28, said she had caught husband David Pollard, 40, having sex with an animated woman. The couple, who met in an Internet chatroom in 2003, are now separated.

“I went mad – I was so hurt. I just couldn’t believe what he’d done,” Taylor told the Western Morning News. “It may have started online, but it existed entirely in the real world and it hurts just as much now it is over.”

Second Life allows users to create alter egos known as “avatars” and interact with other players, forming relationships, holding down jobs and trading products and services for a virtual currency convertible into real life dollars. iReport.com: Share your stories from Second Life

Taylor said she had caught Pollard’s avatar having sex with a virtual prostitute: “I looked at the computer screen and could see his character having sex with a female character. It’s cheating as far as I’m concerned.”[/QUOTE]

She really need to get a life…and so does he…LMAO… twice her age…no wonders he wants more… LOL

The virtual prostitute possibly being a 40 year old hairy big man having the time of his life :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2157674]The virtual prostitute possibly being a 40 year old hairy big man having the time of his life :)[/QUOTE]

ROTFL…highly likely :bigsmile:

SAMLAR
While technically it isn’t really cheating. Just in
bad taste. The problem was who the animated
girl was. Maybe he was a devoted fan of
THE VIEW.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=zap em;2157770]SAMLAR
While technically it isn’t really cheating. Just in
bad taste. The problem was who the animated
girl was. Maybe he was a devoted fan of
THE VIEW.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I like Whoopi Goldberg I have told my wife if something ever happens to her I want to marry Whoopi.

SAMLAR
Besides your wife. You will upset her
former boyfreinds.
ZAP.

:bigsmile::bigsmile:

I know but I have always like her as a person

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

TROPIC
I don’t know if your laughing about the virtual life
or The married dating ad next to SAMLARS blog.
Now that’s funny.
ZAP.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

If an avatar ended their marriage then I don’t think it was a real marriage to start with, just an excuse for one.

Why would you even program that ability in regardless?
Like seriously … wtf?

The whole situation is F.U.B.A.R. … that said … I can’t stop laughing.

I wonder how they’re gonna split the assets … virtually down the middle?

Some further reading for you: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7729207.stm :bigsmile: