Second Harddrive not recognised (Western Digital WD7500AACS Caviar Green Hard drive)

[qanda]This thread is about the Western Digital WD7500AACS Caviar Green Hard drive. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have just bought this product because I need more space for my computer.
My old hard drive is an IDE 149Gb and my new SATA one is one terrabite.
I’m using Windows XP.

I screwed it into an empty slot in the hard drives catrige and plugged it into the motherboard with the one plug it came with and started it up.

However, it does not appear in my computer or in Disk Management and I’ve tried scanning through disk drives with Device Manager but it doesn’t change. I don’t get why its not working.

Please help.

your computer might not support 1 TB but I’m not too sure about that but I am sure someone else will pop in and let you know but in the mean time can yuo post your computer specs so can help you better about that.

Did you try the add new hardware function?

I screwed it into an empty slot in the hard drives catrige and plugged it into the motherboard with the one plug it came with and started it up.

Should have 2 plugs 1 power and 1 data.

Are you updated with XP SP3 ?

If you power supply does’nt have a sata power connector - you should be able to buy a 4 pin to sata power adapter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812105409