SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.11 1TB HDD

vbimport

ZIPZOOMFLY has the 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 32MB Cache SATA Internal OEM Hard Drive for $109.99 with FREE SHIPPING.

Shows 119.99 now.

yeah. was checking it earlier. went to 109 then to 119…guess the demand upped the price. sorry all.

i just got the Samsung 1TB recently for 109.99 on newegg (currently sold out but is 119.99 now)

and from reviews i read the Samsung is better than the Seagate in terms of ‘transfer rates’ but i think ‘seek times’ the Seagate is better.

plus the Samsung is better in the sense that it only has 3 platters vs 4 in the seagate… so less noise/less power consumption/less moving parts… probably (samsung) more reliable… but it’s hard to complain about Seagate in general due to there 5 year warranty’s when everyone else pretty much offers the standard 3.

but in my opinion Samsung in general seem’s to offer quality stuff.

I have a Seagate 1TB drive and it is plenty fast enough for me it runs circles around
any of my other drives lol. :bigsmile: Here is some screen shots of HD Tune the Seagate 1TB
kicks the other drives butts. :iagree: :clap:

First up is the Seagate 1TB
Second is the Seagate 250GB
and last and definitely slowest is the Maxtor 300GB
all on mobo SATA11 ports.

just did a scan with HD Tune on Samsung 1TB…

so it appears those claims in that review i read seem to be pretty much true from reading your Seagate 1TB vs my Samsung 1TB… you got better seek times but i got better transfer rates.