Seagate announces 6TB HDD

We’ve just posted the following news: Seagate announces 6TB HDD[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/04/myce-seagate_6tb_drive-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Seagate today announced it is now shipping the world’s fastest 6 TB hard disk drive (HDD), the Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD v4.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/seagate-announces-6tb-hdd-71074](http://www.myce.com/news/seagate-announces-6tb-hdd-71074)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

cool and the HDD lives on…hmm…might have to now switch all my 3tb drives to 6th drives…wow. That will be a investment but love the storage capacity if I can get my hands on the drives.

6TB??? Whoa, that’s a lot of por… umm… data.
My 4TB is full, so once this comes down in price I’m on it like white on rice.

Ah, this is nice, perhaps this will push down prices on 4Tb drives after a while. And it sounds like it does not use helium. Just a standard drive.

coolcolors, why switch, keep and just buy new ones when you need, no need to get rid of the old drives. The more space the better, all though to many drive can be a burden.

Who burns dvds or blurays in this day and age, that is only for backup or things you absolutely want to keep on optical media, the rest is saved on harddrive. At least none important data. Cheap, reliable especial if you use them in a docking station, and do not have them plugged in or in use when you do not need to. Plus you can access all data on drive instantly.

I guess the next best thing for storage are LTO Ultrium tapes. And after that optical like cd, dvds and bluray.

Nice that 6Tb is coming soon to us, and at great prices. For now though 4Tb is good enough.

[QUOTE=Dennis_Olof;2724881]Ah, this is nice, perhaps this will push down prices on 4Tb drives after a while. And it sounds like it does not use helium. Just a standard drive.

coolcolors, why switch, keep and just buy new ones when you need, no need to get rid of the old drives. The more space the better, all though to many drive can be a burden.

Who burns dvds or blurays in this day and age, that is only for backup or things you absolutely want to keep on optical media, the rest is saved on harddrive. At least none important data. Cheap, reliable especial if you use them in a docking station, and do not have them plugged in or in use when you do not need to. Plus you can access all data on drive instantly.

I guess the next best thing for storage are LTO Ultrium tapes. And after that optical like cd, dvds and bluray.

Nice that 6Tb is coming soon to us, and at great prices. For now though 4Tb is good enough.[/QUOTE]

True I filled most of my 3tb drives so getting 6th for extra storage is nice thing to have but moving all that 3tb to 6tb will take hours and that assuming nothing goes wrong… lol… but nah I keep my 3tb for the time being and add the 6tb to the mix…

Yeah, only thing that is a concern is stability of the data stored, bit flip and other issues, or the over all lifespan of the drive. I do use my drives in a dockingstation so it is not to bad but still.

Hopefully the move to 6Tb drive will improve the quality of the 4Tb drives.