Seagate 7200.11 1TB Int HDD: $139.99 Shipped

vbimport

Yes, I know this price has just gone down ahead of the 1.5TB rollout, but hey, all I’m looking to replace (3 drives right now) is 1TB. And I’d rather spend a bit more on the HDD now and save on the BD-R later. (At least I can afford this one now.)

Link.

me personally im waiting for 1TB hard drives to get around the 100 dollar mark before i invest in one :wink:

still a decent price though.

p.s. i currently have a total of 850GB (between 3 hard drives… 250GB-200GB-400GB)

Price went up $10.00 it is now 149.99 shipped :sad:

I no longer buy Seagate drives the 400g I bought made so much noise while seeking that I made it a backup drive and bought a WD drive.

[QUOTE=samlar;2114505]I no longer buy Seagate drives the 400g I bought made so much noise while seeking that I made it a backup drive and bought a WD drive.[/QUOTE]

my Seagate SATAII 400GB 16MB cache pretty much seems like any other hard drive i have used… i.e. i dont notice any obvious noise issues with it… although at times i can hear it when accessing it so i guess if your one of those people that expect to have noises levels at a constant level it might be a slight issue.

to me noise consistency is more of a issue then anything else, cause when the case makes a constant steady noise it dont bother me vs sometimes i have got when you can hear random noises (i think hard drive vibrating the PC case) and it’s a in and out hum which i found quite annoying (as it was pretty much constant in and out) which right now i think i solved that by jamming a cap from a 2liter of mountain dew under the front section of the case which seems to have taken care of it lol)

but i think generally speaking… Seagate is a good choice cause of the 5 year warranty… when everyone else is basically 3 years.

but i guess it can vary depending on what you prefer from a hard drive… cause me in general once speed up up to a certain standard (which most typical (WD,Seagate etc) ones are) then i would rather have something that i can count on to work for many years.

i only had one hard drive ever fail on me though so far and i was a 40GB IBM hard drive that i had a while back… but in general i usually used Seagates as my general hard drive of choice… i took a chance with western digital when i made my pc back in march 2006 and so far that hard drive is running strong and overall on the quiet side :wink:

Damn. It’s down to $138.99 now. I wasted a buck. :sad: