SE-506BB CFW or Cross-Flash

Hello everyone, I bought this drive a couple of days ago, and ripping some of my BDs I noticed that was stuck at 2x speed. According to what is written here it has Riplock, and some drives can be unlocked after flashing a custom firmware.

How can I make this CFW on my own / find one for my drive (or for a drive with same hardware) ?

Unfortunately, like for the vast majority of BD drives nowadays, there are no patched firmwares available for this drive.

[QUOTE=cvs;2726651]there are no patched firmwares available for this drive.[/QUOTE]

And neither any updated stock firmware…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2726693]And neither any updated stock firmware…[/QUOTE]

True, the firmware support for the entire 506xB series (both internal and external versions) has been very poor, and even more so for the BB series…

what about the SN-506BB, does it have the same hardware? Because I think I’ve seen a patched firmware for that

[QUOTE=syran;2726776]what about the SN-506BB, does it have the same hardware?[/QUOTE]

The SE-506BB basically uses an SN-506BB drive as its internal drive, so yes they are basically one and the same, but with a different model number/firmware. It might be possible to force flash an SE-506BB with an SN-506BB firmware.

[QUOTE=syran;2726776]Because I think I’ve seen a patched firmware for that[/QUOTE]

I would highly doubt that, but I’m willing to believe it when I see it :slight_smile: Can you provide a link?