SDHC card not showing up on my Canon HF200 for VIDEO Mode...HELP!

vbimport

I have a Canon HF200 that I use for videoing. I just purchased a LX Series 32GB SDHC Class 10 card. When on VIDEO it won’t show up, hence won’t record. The GREEN number (9999) comes on when in PHOTO ONLY mode, but that doesn’t help since I need VIDEO. When I use one of my other cards (SanDisk 8 or 16GB) the SD appears in GREEN and I am able to video without any problems.

Any suggestions? Is it my camera that I need to adjust somehow? I “initialized” the card when I put it in there the first time and still doesn’t show up on the screen as ready to video. :confused:

Thanks for any info!

Hi,

have you already checked Canon support?
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/camcorders/flash_memory_camcorders/vixia_hf200#ServiceAndSupportFAQ

*3 : Because the Speed Class 10 became standardized after camcorders were released, movies cannot be recorded on the Class 10 SDHC cards when the recording mode is set to MXP or FXP.

MIchael

I have the same problem. They say that we have to update the firmware to fix it.

Perhaps the card isn’t fully speed rated at 10x ???
Maybe counterfeit.

The card is inferioir quality. See the first review on Amazon.

I love the part where 1 in 5 photo’s is actually corrupted when stored on this card, and when using 5 shot burst mode or video recording with MJpeg, the card can’t keep up.

[QUOTE=debro;2599526]I love the part where 1 in 5 photo’s is actually corrupted when stored on this card, and when using 5 shot burst mode or video recording with MJpeg, the card can’t keep up.[/QUOTE]
Always amazed me that people are willing to pay good money for a high quality camcorder, but fail to pay good money for a high quality storage card.